Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tom Brady showed he's over the hill
No, it was the receivers' fault, not Tom Brady's
Yeah but Tom Brady has thrown pick-6's in three straight games
But Mike Evans ran the wrong route for Tom Brady
Lack of preseason has affected Tom Brady
Tom Brady is new to Arians' scheme
And the O-Line didn't give Tom Brady enough time
Looks like Tom Brady isn't any better than Jameis

I'm starting to wonder if I really saw what I think I saw. What I remember seeing was a Top-10 defense take care of business (despite some more phantom PI calls). I KNOW I saw the Saints on the other side of the ball, and I'm pretty sure they even scored some points. Maybe even more points than Tom Brady. But I'll have to watch the replay.

When the Harlem Globetrotters lose to the Washington Generals, no one is going to write about the Generals.

The National Media is pretty laughable. The only show that was even close to giving the Saints some props was Good Morning Football on NFL network on Monday morning.

SFIAH

Yep, but it's honestly fine. We handled our business and tons of people got to see it. They're going to talk about Brady and the Bucs, but I don't think it'll be great talk from this point on. I really hope we sweep them this year. How sweet would that be to beat them in their stadium with fans?

In all honesty I would hate to see the Saints get a lot of national media coverage. The old cliche about tuning out the noise and distractions might work for a few teams like the Patriots, but it's probably really hard for some of these other high profile teams.

Just look at the Cowboys. They get to read about how great they're going to be before they've actually arrived. Any mistake (on the field and especially off) is amplified and the echo chamber keeps it going and going. These guys aren't robots. They can talk about tuning out the distractions but you know good and well they're reading about themselves. They are watching their segment on PTI. Someone is sending them a clip of Cowherd talking about them. There's just no way you can tune out all of this ubiquitous coverage.

I'll happily watch the Saints continue to fly under the radar and quietly win 13 games every year.

They did talk about the Saints after they beat the Bucs though... They talked about how the Saints are the team that should be worried because Brees has a noodle arm and the offense is lethargic and limited.
Only team that got a W in week 1 that was widely criticized and bashed by the experts.

I get what the OP is saying. When you tune in to a recap of your team's game, you'd like to hear them talk about your team some, especially if they won.

We'd all like to that's for sure, but back to back 13 win seasons and starting off with another W makes the Saints performance and winning "expected" and "old news" in the eyes of national sports media.

I'm starting to wonder if I really saw what I think I saw. What I remember seeing was a Top-10 defense take care of business (despite some more phantom PI calls). I KNOW I saw the Saints on the other side of the ball, and I'm pretty sure they even scored some points. Maybe even more points than Tom Brady. But I'll have to watch the replay.
I didn't watch the first half...was working outside into early 3rd quarter.

Checked score on my phone at one point and saw Saints up 24-7. Then on the highlight link the only highlight clip was Brady's QB sneak from Q1.

There has to be a memo on how to cover (or not cover) the Saints out there...ignore, downplay, discount, caveat whenever possible.

The WSJ wrote about one football game in today's paper: Tom Brady’s return to the league. Wow, a QB over 40 can throw passes. And he completed most of them to his own team! Tom must be the career leader in yardage and touchdowns, right? Based on this and other media reports, I have not even heard whether another team was on the field.

Oh believe me, I fully expected this. And I agree, I don't mind at all if the Saints stay under the radar.

But, what I would like to have seen was a decent recap of the GAME. Maybe some insight into the performances on both sides of the ball for both teams, maybe a little intelligent analysis of a few plays that didn't involve Tom Brady. I know, I set such lofty expectations of the media - sometimes I get a little crazy.

The National Media is pretty laughable. The only show that was even close to giving the Saints some props was Good Morning Football on NFL network on Monday morning.

If you're into Skip Brainless at all, he gave the Saints secondary some pretty major credit. Said they were the best Tampa would play all year long with the entire Saints team being one of the toughest on their schedule. Pat McAfee did, too, though I don't know if I'd consider him a talking head.

Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there.

B.U.M.

Time to start up Black Uniforms Matter!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom