Watching The Bengals Reenforces This Statement (1 Viewer)

It’s just soooo hard to win that first championship for the franchise.
Like I can see the past sixty something years of Bengals football weighing on that franchise.
I honestly think it’s an advantage for franchises that already have that one won already.
Watching the Bengals reinforced to me IF we ever get a franchise QB again we need to protect him. Investing in the Oline> WRs

You really need elite people top to bottom in order to win championships. Most franchises get in their own way.

You really need elite people top to bottom in order to win championships. Most franchises get in their own way.
Agreed, from the GM to the coaches to the QB to the "big uglies" (RIP Madden) to the long snapper to the equipment guys.

Watching the Bengals reinforced to me IF we ever get a franchise QB again we need to protect him. Investing in the Oline> WRs
That's pretty much the route we've taken and they all are playing decent. They just can't stay healthy to save their lives. Need to invest more in backups apparently.

You need your best players to stay relatively healthy throughout the season.
You need to be disciplined when it comes to penalties and turnovers.
You need, at a minimum, very good coaching, in all three phases of the game.
You need, at a minimum, a very good QB.
You need at least 1 good/great player at most positions.
You need both your Oline and Dline to be very good to stellar.
You need good to great, consistent, execution on either offense or defense, preferably both.
You need solid and reliable special teams, all around: punter, placekicker, returners, and coverage teams. Field position is often underestimated and should not be. It’s important.

Put these things together and you might make the playoffs. If you do make the playoffs, you need to continue to do/have all of the above, plus:

Not be completely outmatched by any of your opponents.
Do not let a playoff game be the time when you, collectively as a team, decide to have your worse game of the season.

Put all of this together and you might advance in the playoffs and make it to the SB.

No one will ever convince me that it doesn’t take a whole lot to get to where the Eagles and Chiefs are. Our 2009 season was filled with challenges and the Saints had to overcome a lot and if you put the NFCCG against the Vikings into perspective, we barely made it to the SB. To me, it’s basically 5 months of walking a tightrope to make it to the big game.

It’s just soooo hard to win that first championship for the franchise.
Like I can see the past sixty something years of Bengals football weighing on that franchise.
I honestly think it’s an advantage for franchises that already have that one won already.
If the 10 years or so after the Saints won the Super Bowl taught me anything, it's how incredibly hard it is to even make a single Super Bowl, much less win one. So many things have to go exactly your way. And no team ever knows how many realistic chances they will get at it. You think you'll get another shot, but that game you just lost might have been the best shot you'll ever get.

I felt, the refs wanted the Chiefs to be in the Superbowl. So many times, they threw the flag against the Bengals.
Um, except the Bengals extended a HUGE TD drive late with 2 Chiefs penalties.

Was there a Bengals penalty that you get was the wrong call?

They actually improved their O-line but 2 of them were injured for this game and it showed. That game resembled Burrow’s rookie year yesterday

If the 10 years or so after the Saints won the Super Bowl taught me anything, it's how incredibly hard it is to even make a single Super Bowl, much less win one. So many things have to go exactly your way. And no team ever knows how many realistic chances they will get at it. You think you'll get another shot, but that game you just lost might have been the best shot you'll ever get.
I think the Patriots and Brady have warped everyone in their view of championships.
There is only one Jordan. There is only one Brady.
I’d say 70% of championships runs only have one. 2 max.

They actually improved their O-line but 2 of them were injured for this game and it showed. That game resembled Burrow’s rookie year yesterday
No doubt in my mind they should have gone Sewell over Chase.

Sewell just earned his first pro bowl and is going to be elite for a long long time. Bengals could have had Burrows blindside locked up for the foreseeable future.

Um, except the Bengals extended a HUGE TD drive late with 2 Chiefs penalties.

Was there a Bengals penalty that you get was the wrong call?
On the last play, with the clear hit out of bounds, there was a player on the right side of the offensive line who looked like he was "blocking" (holding) for Tom Brady in his prime. In my opinion, the Saints Offensive Line gets called for holding on that play 95% of the time.

Bengals got jobbed throughout the game. It was typical NFL "entertainment" in action. Watching the game, rooting in a mild way for the Bengals, I felt like a Saints fan. Game was well in hand for the Chiefs because they always had more than eleven people on the field.

The Bengals had three backups starting on their OL for the AFC Championship. Some very interesting "lets not use all the facts" stuff going on here.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom