Watching these Championship games..... (2 Viewers)

Bonchie let me say, I really like all the guys I've mentioned, but they have not played well. Grant has had more than one off year.

Trey W., YES, I mentioned Grant instead of Smith because of his contract. If you make big money, you give big effort. I believe they are capable of being "great players." They may just be frustrated with the DC or something. I don't know.

Scorpius, I do believe that McKenzie was our best DB. Did he play great? Sometimes. I know that poor safety play makes CBs look bad, but that's just the way it is. I think he gave great effort. I don't question his heart, like I do some of the others.

Kooldak, if you notice I said "mediocre at best!" :) As a group I believed there were games when they played okay, but overall we all know they were very bad.

As Drew Brees said on WWL: "if you look at all the NFC teams in the playoffs - the Saints have beaten all of them the last 2 seasons". To me that says that the Saints should be in that number.

As was eloquently stated by someone else in another thread, that used to be the case. But with the advent of FA, not so much anymore.

That said, we need to have a complementary defense to enable our team to play from the lead, much like Indy does. That doesn't mean that we have to have a top 5 defense, although that would be nice.

But if we get even a mediocre D out of our off season acquisitions, then this team will be excellent.

I agree you don't have to have a great D to win Championships. You said it exactly right, you need a complementary defense, perfect choice of words.

However, IMO, the Saints need more than just a mediocre defense with your lack of run game. Basically, you need a better run game and a mediocre defense. Right now, you have a bad run game and a horrible defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom