Water is not wet (1 Viewer)

I couldn’t care less about whether someone else is bothered by “water is wet.” I declare that it is neat, groovy, keen, da bomb and other affirmations.... but it will never be lit because water is wet.

Water in its solid form is not wet, nor is it wet in its vapor form. When the ice melts into a liquid, it is then wet. When the vapor condenses to form a liquid, it is then wet. So water is only wet in its liquid form. Considering there are other names for these other phases of water, namely ice and steam, I think I can boldly state with confidence that: water, as it is commonly called when it is in liquid form, is indeed wet.

Most people couldn't care less, but evidently there are those that could care less than I.

If you want to dance, you gotta pay the band.

Never miss a good opportunity to shut fork up. (Fork = F bomb sensor)

OMG.. The writers of The Walking Dead have now infected SR.com...

The one I don't like is "you can't have your cake and eat it too". It took a long time to find out what it meant but it still doesn't make a ton of sense. So once you eat the cake you can no longer have it right? Well I could eat half and still have my cake so yes I can have my cake and eat it too.

Usually applied to some problem, difficulty, or tragedy people try to explain these situations by saying: 'Everything happens for a reason'.
I can't think of another phrase that makes me shudder or cringe more than that one.

Wet
Noun - liquid that makes something damp.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wet
Wet
adjective - consisting of, containing, covered with, or soaked with liquid (such as water) ... "consisting of water"
Noun - Water

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/wet
Noun - something that is or makes wet, as water or other liquid; moisture

How is this shirt even a question?

How is Wet a noun? It is an adjective. Wet isn't a thing, you can't go pick up a Wet. But it does describe something....you can pick up a wet coat. A noun is a a person, place, or thing. What is a Wet?

How is Wet a noun? It is an adjective. Wet isn't a thing, you can't go pick up a Wet. But it does describe something....you can pick up a wet coat. A noun is a a person, place, or thing. What is a Wet?

Some people just have to be contrarians.

Some people just have to be contrarians.

Haha, well, I really didn't expect to win a fight with Merriam Webster. But still, I don't see anyway possible to use Wet as a noun. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee....but I am gonna say Merriam Webster is wrong. Bold statement, but I'm feeling bold today. :giggle:

Or is it one of those deals where an obvious adjective, feels the need to self identify as a noun?

Haha, well, I really didn't expect to win a fight with Merriam Webster. But still, I don't see anyway possible to use Wet as a noun. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee....but I am gonna say Merriam Webster is wrong. Bold statement, but I'm feeling bold today. :giggle:

I wasn’t referring to you as being contrarian.?

I’m glad you are feeling bold today. Do something special!!!! Peace

Oh and don’t go around collecting any wets.

Words are defined. Are you questioning the dictionary?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom