Water is not wet (1 Viewer)

I can feel the wet of your tears.

For all the molecular scietist out there, I hope I don’t offend you with this breakdown.

1 molecule of H20=not wet
Multiple molecules of H20=wet

Water in its solid form is not wet, nor is it wet in its vapor form. When the ice melts into a liquid, it is then wet. When the vapor condenses to form a liquid, it is then wet. So water is only wet in its liquid form. Considering there are other names for these other phases of water, namely ice and steam, I think I can boldly state with confidence that: water, as it is commonly called when it is in liquid form, is indeed wet.

Most people couldn't care less, but evidently there are those that could care less than I.
This idea right here is intelligent.

The one I don't like is "you can't have your cake and eat it too". It took a long time to find out what it meant but it still doesn't make a ton of sense. So once you eat the cake you can no longer have it right? Well I could eat half and still have my cake so yes I can have my cake and eat it too.

Fractionist.

But then context is a factor.
If what you are trying to convey is that you don't care, "I could care less" is the wrong thing to say.
To further poke holes in this discussion, consider unconditional love/caring.

“I couldn’t care less about my daughter. I love her so much, and even if she did something bad, I couldn’t care less about her, even if I tried. I will always care about her as much as I do now.”

“I couldn’t care less” is actually as ambiguous, if not more ambiguous.

Usually applied to some problem, difficulty, or tragedy people try to explain these situations by saying: 'Everything happens for a reason'.
I can't think of another phrase that makes me shudder or cringe more than that one.
THIS. Some things happen and you may never know the "reason" , life doesn't make sense some times. Saying "It just doesn't make sense at all" makes more sense.
Also, "At the end of the day......" What is that supposed to mean? It's so overused.

It's a moo point.

Attachments

• moo.gif
    moo.gif
    497.9 KB · Views: 3
i hate the overuse of “physicality” by sports anal(lol)ysts.

have a blessed day can fork off too.

Interestingly, an H2O molecule was isolated for the first time in 2011 https://www.nature.com/articles/am2011196

So if a single molecule of water is not wet, but other water is wet because even a drop of water has millions of H2O molecules (water covered by water), then all water is wet except this one molecule that was isolated in 2011.

I think it's safe to say "water is wet"

I'd assume you need a certain minimum amount of water molecules to "wet" anything, since it's based on surface tension as a function of the surface energy of the surface it is in contact with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_energy

But I think we're splitting hairs.

Water wet's things (as many other chemicals can), and you get wet from water, in the common sense.. thus, water is wet, because it makes you went. Close enough.

I'd assume you need a certain minimum amount of water molecules to "wet" anything, since it's based on surface tension as a function of the surface energy of the surface it is in contact with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_energy

But I think we're splitting hairs.

Water wet's things (as many other chemicals can), and you get wet from water, in the common sense.. thus, water is wet, because it makes you went. Close enough.

Being wet is the product of saturation. In order for water to be wet it has to saturate itself with more water. The make up of water is h2o, not h2o(2).

You have one very specific unrealistic instance where you claim water isn't wet, and in all other instances you say water is wet.

Wetting is the ability of a liquid to remain in contact with a solid surface. Ice is the only water that can possibly be wet. Liquid water can wet but it cannot be wet.

Rain X works by decreasing water's ability to wet a windshield. As long as the rain is in droplet form (surface tension unbroken) the windshield is not wet even though there is water on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom