watson a class act (1 Viewer)

FGE413

Reaction score
He seems like a classy guy and he played a great game Monday night. Texans fans should be happy to have him. And I think all Saints fans had moments like that in their childhood (the sending the Lutz jersey 37 seconds later comment was really funny though).

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
First entire game that I've watched Watson. Man, if he had protection that O would be devastating. What I heard about him when he was coming out of college was his high character, not only his on-field skills. Best of luck to him down the road.
Exactly. Frankly, I would have given him the Heisman in either 15 or 16.

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t know about that — but I do know that Chicago could have had Mahomes or Watson at 3, and traded up to 2 to draft Trubisky. If I was a Bears fan I’d be sick about that.
Pace should be a great GM since he was in scouting for so long. But I guarantee most Bear fans are not enamored with that particular draft selection.

I'm still trying to figure out what Pace saw in Trubisky,.

SubmarineMike

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First entire game that I've watched Watson. Man, if he had protection that O would be devastating. What I heard about him when he was coming out of college was his high character, not only his on-field skills. Best of luck to him down the road.
Yep - lots of comparisons between him and Andrew Luck. The Texans are going to pee away some generational talent by getting him hurt. Some of his throws against us were ridiculous.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Dude really impressed me. I would put him in the top 3 QB's in the NFL right now.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
You're so right about Watson; he is a class act. He was new to the Texans when Harvey hit, and he donated his first game check to the workers at NRG stadium to help them out after the storm. You almost don't hear as much about him as you should here in Houston, since Watt has been the main man for years, but Watson is a lot like JJ in so many ways. You'll see a lot of what he does on the news, and a lot more will go under the radar unless someone brings it up. Between those two and Alex Bregman of the Astros, we've got some great sports guys here in Houston who take their roles in the community seriously. It makes pulling for the Texans when they're not playing the Saints very easy to do. I especially love the mutual respect they have for the Saints, especially Brees, and vice versa. Both organizations do it the right way. Plus, we ALL hate the Cowboys!

Also, Morstead is a product of Pearland High School here in the Houston area, so he is still a very beloved sports figure around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom