Watson to the Dolphins deal Possibly in the Works (1 Viewer)

Fwiw, I really don't think the Dolphins, or any other team for that matter, are gonna give up 3 firsts for Watson. I suspect it ultimately will be 2 firsts and maybe a player or mid to low draft pick.
You are using strong, good logic in your thought process. I wouldn’t describe the Dolphins that way.

They have a good coach and GM though.
Chris Grier is absolutely not a good GM, he’s one of the worst in the league. They had 3 first round picks last year and find themselves 1-5. He had multiple years to evaluate Tua and after taking him 5th overall has decided he isn’t good enough after 11 starts. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Flores is a good coach either.

FanDuel on FB, posted a tweet from Coty M. Davis. Here's the tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In regards to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Texans</a> closing in on a deal that would send Deshaun Watson to the Miami <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Dolphins</a>, I am hearing that it could be a three team deal that would send Tua Tagovailoa to the Washington Football Team.</p>&mdash; Coty M. Davis (@CotyDavis_24) <a href="">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Never a dull moment in Washington.

What's the latest on his legal situation? I guess the idea that they could have had Herbert is not sitting well with the owner.
yep you got that right and also the trade of Tanehill seems foolish.

For those who think Miami shouldnt give up this much for Watson and it's a move of desperation. It could be. But at this point Miami has no choice but to pull the trigger on this move. Its been since 94 when Marino was last good, that the Dolphins have had a franchise or heck just even a good QB.

IF Watson delivers no one is going to be talking about the draft picks Miami gave up. The way the league is these days you can have an excellent roster, but if your Qb is average the team is going nowhere. A star QB with an average roster can go places. And it's easier to plug a roster with the pieces needed than to draft a bona fide franchise QB

Chris Grier is absolutely not a good GM, he’s one of the worst in the league. They had 3 first round picks last year and find themselves 1-5. He had multiple years to evaluate Tua and after taking him 5th overall has decided he isn’t good enough after 11 starts. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Flores is a good coach either.
They were 10-6 last year and Flores looked like an up-and-coming coach.

Idk... Ever since that injury. His mechanics just hasn't been anywhere as crisp as they used to be and downfield accuracy has been atrocious.

I think that injury has permanently alter his mechanism for the worse.

When you throw with stable front leg into your throw. There are three resistance or anchor points you use to throw into..

Ankle
Knee
Hip

It feels like he has no consistency in his front leg on passes.
You seem to be a QB guru. But from what ive seen it seems like Tua's ceiling is that of a good QB. Which is okay but you will never get to the promise land in todays NFL like that unless you have an unbelievable toster. The NFL is really stacked when it comes to QB talent these days. Those QBs can just have WRs and an adequate roster and smoke a team with sn excellent roster and just an okay QB.

Ive heard some say Tua can be like a Drew Brees. Thats not happening we will probably never see a QB with his accuracy again. If Drew just had good accuracy and not out of this world ball placement and anticipation he would of just had an average career. Only one QB in the history of the NFL that fits Drews profile and has consistently won and be an upper tier QB is Drew Himself.

Tua just hasn't been the same since that nasty hip dislocation and pelvis wall fracture.
Tua was truly a product of the system. Here in wonderful Bama, the Bama fans absolutely hated that he was the QB and not Hurts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom