Watson to the Dolphins deal Possibly in the Works (1 Viewer)

You seem to be a QB guru. But from what ive seen it seems like Tua's ceiling is that of a good QB. Which is okay but you will never get to the promise land in todays NFL like that unless you have an unbelievable toster. The NFL is really stacked when it comes to QB talent these days. Those QBs can just have WRs and an adequate roster and smoke a team with sn excellent roster and just an okay QB.

Ive heard some say Tua can be like a Drew Brees. Thats not happening we will probably never see a QB with his accuracy again. If Drew just had good accuracy and not out of this world ball placement and anticipation he would of just had an average career. Only one QB in the history of the NFL that fits Drews profile and has consistently won and be an upper tier QB is Drew Himself.
I don't really trust Miami coaching staff to develop a QB.

Even then, Tua just seems to have a hitch on some of his throws.

I made the mistake by not being more skeptical of his injury and how it could affect his mechanics.

I just don't see the player before his injury and I try to stay optimistic that it be a non issue.

Also, playing on a surgically repaired hip joint going to take sometime to get used to be honest. He shouldn't have played last year at all in my opinion.

Plus, Miami oline is really doing him no favors.

I think Tua is QB will either be limited the rest of his career or become one of those late bloomer sensation.

I hope he overcome his adversity and trust that front leg more and hopefully he starts the flash next season.

His lack of leadership was expected, but also disappointing.

Tua was truly a product of the system. Here in wonderful Bama, the Bama fans absolutely hated that he was the QB and not Hurts.
He's pretty talented and brought Bama offense into the 21st century.

He was the system.

He's pretty talented and brought Bama offense into the 21st century.

He was the system.
When I say "the system", I mean being 3 deep at every position. Having second-stringers being a legit top 10 team by themselves. There is a reason that AJ McCarron may be the best pro QB from Bama in the last 20 years and years to come. If U were the QB, they would make the final 4. And U may even be drafted high as a result. Of course, I am being silly now...but not really. No need for a pro QB when u have future Pro Bowlers surrounding u (O,D, ST, coach,etc). Anyone who drafts a QB high or kicker from Alabama does not know football on the pro level.

I think the coach at Ole Miss is the one responsible for that....
Lane Kiffin was at Bama from 2014-2016.

Tua did not play till 2017. Wasn't the starter till 2018.

Lane Kiffin was at Bama from 2014-2016.

Tua did not play till 2017. Wasn't the starter till 2018.
Kiffin as the OC is when we saw the evolution in Bama's offensive philosophy; Sarkisian evolved it. Tua just happened to be a better passer (albeit Mr. Glass)

Tua is still super young. He's got the talent. He needs time imo. Being in Miami doesn't really help him though.

Yea, I was just surprised they were so ready to call their losses that they would trade their future for Watson.

I hadn’t really kept up with him this season, but it seems his durability makes RG3 look like Frank Gore.

Kiffin as the OC is when we saw the evolution in Bama's offensive philosophy; Sarkisian evolved it. Tua just happened to be a better passer (albeit Mr. Glass)
The passing offense went from 193 yards per game to 323 yards per game.

If Tua is a system player... So is Mac Jones and Joe Burrow.

The Tua offense works because Tua was a top flight passing prospect. Tua offense has been a mainstay in Bama. I don't understand this beef with Tua or this crusade to say he was a system QB. He was the QB the system was built around... Not coordinators. Coaches play to their strength.. He is still Bama most profilic QB for a reason.

The passing offense went from 193 yards per game to 323 yards per game.

If Tua is a system player... So is Mac Jones and Joe Burrow.

The Tua offense works because Tua was a top flight passing prospect. Tua offense has been a mainstay in Bama. I don't understand this beef with Tua or this crusade to say he was a system QB. He was the QB the system was built around... Not coordinators. Coaches play to their strength.. He is still Bama most profilic QB for a reason.
Yeah, because Tua was a better passer. Tua didn't change the system and Alabama technically didn't build the system for him; he was recruited for it. That was a Kiffin push and if you looked at how Bama were recruiting WRs around the same time, it all made sense.

Truth is, the jury is still out on both Jones and Burrow. Not saying that they aren't good, but also understanding that they played in an awesome system with some of the best skill players in college football. I hate the notion of saying someone is a system QB though because that's what systems are made for. I mean, if anything, what do we say about Tom Brady who changed the system in TB to what he was familiar with in New England... :unsure:

Last edited:
Tua could possibly be part of the trade.

I have not watched enough of Tua in the NFL to form an opinion, but he was a top quarterback prospect before his injury. Unless his medical condition is a factor, I would favor the Saints taking a serious look at Tua.
Only if the legal situation clears up some and Both Winston and Taysom want more than Loomis is willing or can pay them.

Don't think 3 team trades are allowable in the NFL.

They are allowed, just not common.

Sammy Watkins was involved in one back in 2017.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom