Way to go New Orleans (1 Viewer)

I think New Orleans must increase its population by at least a hundred new residents every time we have a big event lol.

There really is no excuse for not having at a bare minimum one out 5 Super Bowls in NOLA.

The city still has problems. Some of them, esp crime, corruption and poor education, were around "Long" before Katrina. :mwink:

But IMO, things are slowly, but SURELY starting to turn around. Nearly all of the old public housing developments that were around pre Katrina have been torn down and replaced with new mixed income developments. Construction of the new medical complex in Mid City is well underway, and when completed, will provide many new jobs. The movie industry has found a new home in Louisiana, and New Orleans is now the #3 city for filming, behind NY and LA. And now, perhaps other companies are looking at New Orleans as a site for expansion.

Lord knows I want my city to have all of the economic development it can get, BUT at the same time, retain its rich cultural heritage and true uniqueness among American cities!

As for thowing a party - Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, you name it, we all KNOW that NOBODY can do it like we do....it aint even close!!! :worthy:

I LOVE my Saints. But I'll always be an even bigger HOMER for my New Orleans, born and raised Uptown, baby!!!

Listening to the sports radio here in Dallas (all the shows are in nola) and hearing comments like...

Sure makes me proud to be from there. No matter how far i go, or how long I'm gone, I'll always call New Orleans home. I think some of those guys visiting are actually understanding why that is.
This is good news to hear about our city

This is what I love to here.
Publisher's Pen: In New Orleans, back where we belong - Chillicothe, IL - Chillicothe Times-Bulletin - Chillicothe, IL
"In each of my five previous visits to New Orleans for Super Bowls, I have written at some point during the week I believe it should be the permanent home of the game, and I believe that more today than ever. At its core, the Super Bowl is a huge party, and nowhere that I've ever traveled do folks know how to party like they do in New Orleans. It is undeniably the only Super Bowl venue where everything you could possibly want is within walking distance - plenty of quality hotel rooms, some of the best food in the world, the Superdome, the French Quarter, the greatest jazz in the world (and plenty of soul-churning blues, as well), the Mighty Mississippi River and, most importantly, the New Orleans metropolitan area boasts about 1.17 million of the most charming and courageous people I've ever seen."

*****WARNING*****

The following video may cause you to get homesick, hungry, and gain a sudden impulse to drop what you're doing and make your way down to the Big Easy! :sad:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cOSFx-ixT6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

This is what I love to here.
Publisher's Pen: In New Orleans, back where we belong - Chillicothe, IL - Chillicothe Times-Bulletin - Chillicothe, IL
"In each of my five previous visits to New Orleans for Super Bowls, I have written at some point during the week I believe it should be the permanent home of the game, and I believe that more today than ever. At its core, the Super Bowl is a huge party, and nowhere that I've ever traveled do folks know how to party like they do in New Orleans. It is undeniably the only Super Bowl venue where everything you could possibly want is within walking distance - plenty of quality hotel rooms, some of the best food in the world, the Superdome, the French Quarter, the greatest jazz in the world (and plenty of soul-churning blues, as well), the Mighty Mississippi River and, most importantly, the New Orleans metropolitan area boasts about 1.17 million of the most charming and courageous people I've ever seen."

Great read, doctorj! Thanks for the link!

Thanks for sharing that link, doctorj. I suggest everyone read the whole article. This may be my favotite part:

This Super Bowl XLVII is about so much more than the Ravens, 49ers and football, and it's about more than the party everyone wants to be at. It's about a city laid to waste, one many thought forever scarred, and its people who refused to move on, refused to forget and refused to quit. New Orleans today is a symbol of what America yearns to be and what we as Americans strive to accomplish. I do love this city and even more, I love that we are all back where we belong. Now we can truly let the good times roll.

That's a cool thing to say, especially when it's said by someone from another great American city like Chicago.

Real proud of NOLA right now. CBD looks great! (aside from the remaining construction)

HOMESICK. I wish I was there...I'm so proud of NOLA right now. It's so obvious that the media is having a GREAT time and loving every minute they're there. But some of the coverage is really making me hungry...

I couldn't agree more with all the praise for NO. I got to go down for my first trip on my 40th to see the Saints beat ATL this year (great way to celebrate a birthday!) talk about a party anytime you beat ATL.

Everyone I met was awesome and helpful....loved the food especially Cochon and the Gumbo at Liuzza's by the track.....I am sure I missed so many things that I will be back soon for more! :)

What's really cool is that they finished the Loyola Streetcar line. We cant wait for the 2013 season to begin and have plans to stay overnight, eat, drink and then catch the trolley to the Dome for the game.

I know they talk about "accessibility", but that streetcar line is going to be a hit. ( I dont know if many have walked from Canal St. to Dome, but its a hike. - I will say its MUCH easier if you are "two-fisting" Sazerac's from the old Fairmont :ezbill:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom