Way Too Early New Orleans Saints Record Prediction (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1560705223183.png

By Dean Mullen | Last Word On Sports

First of all, this offseason feels like the longest wait ever. July cannot get here fast enough. The preseason Las Vegas pundits have solidly put the New Orleans Saints as one of the favorites to come out of the NFC this year. While the desert doesn’t give a Saints record prediction, they do give New Orleans 10/1 odds to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

Last year the Saints were thought to be contenders. Ironically, the Atlanta Falcons had about the same odds before the season. Other teams listed above the Saints were the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Minnesota Vikings.

Studying the NFL Records Over Time

None of those three teams listed made the playoffs in 2018-19′ season. Obviously, looking into the crystal ball isn’t exactly a perfect science. On the other hand, two of the four listed did come through. Although we know one team shouldn’t have been there. We all know who that is. The New England Patriots won it all, yet the oddsmakers have them listed fourth this year.

Putting all that aside, the evidence from history is more revealing. That will be delved into in just a second. This is about me for once. And I’ve been doing this for the last five years. However, since age has gotten the best of me, the last three years are the only pure predictions that come to mind. Last year the prediction was 10-6. In 2017, when everyone had the Saints being mediocre at best, my prediction was 12-4. In 2016, no one really had any hope. That year my 6-10 prediction was slightly lower than the 7-9 finish.

Full Story - LWOS

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom