wdfn Detroit speculated (2 Viewers)

I wouldn't mind moving down, but why would we give up Stinch? That's not worth the trade. Doesn't make sense.

Dumb. We need to stay away from anything invovling the Lions.

I disagree. The Lions have proven to make bad decisions. If we can capitalize on that, then I say deal with them. But this trade speculation makes NO sense. MAYBE if we were the ones at 15, I might see us moving up to 10 with this trade.

Since "cost of opportunity" is more important to me that any trade chart, I would considerate this trade, if the following circumstances are true.

a) If the saints as of now consider that either Strief or Bushrod will take the place of Stinchcomb the first day of training camp.

b) If the saints consider they may get the player they want at 15 or they can get equal value by picking at 15 then at 10. Meaning the available corner or linebacker is as good as Rogers-Cromartie or Rivers.

I will try to make this a more expensive trade for the lions (getting another player or draft pick), but if the conditions were set, I wouldn't mind this trade at all.

Look at the trade this way:

We are trading Stinchcomb for a 3rd round pick (not great but not horrible)
We are trading #10 for #15 straight up (um I'm going to go with that's bad)

why on earth would we move down 5 spots and give up a player? it would cost them a 3 to move up the 5 spots to begin with. i guess we are throwing in stinch as lagniappe???
nah brah...

Ok, Detroit picks at 15. Most mocks have Mendenhall going before that. So what does Detroit do? That look at the picks before them and see the Saints at 10. Now, real quick, which team has the upper hand? Given that, how does this deal make any sense? How is this something the Saints couldn't pass up? That's the whole idea of trading up.. you sacrifice something to sweeten the pot. This trade has the Saints sweetening the pot! The Lions would have to give us their 1st, 3rd, and 5th. That would be sweet. (and if they REALLY wanted Mendenhall, a 1st, 3rd, and 4th would lock it up)

Wishful thinking on their part. Throw in Calvin Johnson or Kevin Williams, THEN we'll talk...

Kevin Williams?? I think you mean ROY Williams....

This would be horrible move for us...Detroit gains an awful lot and we get an extra 3rd rd pick??? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

this would be a huge HUH??

IMO Stinchcomb is worth much more than a 3rd rounder not to mention swapping #10 for #15.

awful

The trade makes no sense and there's no way it will ever happen. Basically we trade Stinch for a 3rd and move down 5 spots for no reason? Maybe Stinch and 10 for 15 a 3rd and Roy Will

We just had a thread not too long ago about Stinch's value and most thought at very most he was worth a 5th or 6th round pick.........if Detroit only moves up 5 spots from 15 to 10, I would guess that would be worth a 4th round pick, especially if it would only cost us a 3rd to move up to 7. So combine what we perceive Stinch's value to be plus what the chart says it would cost Detroit to trade to our spot, I think the trade, point wise decided by THE FORUM would be just about right.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I see a bunch of contradictions on this thread compared to the Stinch value thread.

Allthings considered, the correct trade points wise is Detroit's 15 and a second for our 10 and Stinch......the proposed trade isn't that far off.

Or Detroits 15, a 3rd and a 4th for our 10 and Stinchcomb

Last edited:
Speculation. It's one of those "Let's put it out there and see if we can make it happen" rumors. The Saints are looking to move up, not down. They want Dorsey, but I think they will settle for moving ahead of Cincy to get Ellis if that fails. KC is anxious to move down for extra picks. Apparently, according to NFL Radio, there is a new chart out there that teams are using for draft picks now, which is a good thing because the old one made moves cost WAY too much, especially considering the money high picks cost nowadays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom