wdfn Detroit speculated (1 Viewer)

So basically, you would be willing to pay off the Lions to ALLOW you to move back.

That doesn't make any sense.

I love this time of year... speculation runs rampid... us giving up Stinch to move BACK makes no sense... especially for only a 3rd rounder... if they were to include a player also (starting caliber) then that would make more sense.

The 3rd rounder can be compensation for moving up, and the player-for-player swap could work.

So basically, you would be willing to pay off the Lions to ALLOW you to move back.

I'm moving a player that is in the last year of his deal and allowing a better RT take his place. I still get a player, probably the player, I want in the first round and I can pay him less. Plus, I get an extra third which can be used to fill other needs. It makes perfect sense.

I agree, it doesn't.

It's not that I'd be against the Saints trading down in the first, in fact I think it might make the most sense as the team still needs a lot of help on defense, I just think there has to be value.

Separate your feelings about Stinchcomb for a moment and it just doesn't seem like a good deal for New Orleans.

Fun Bunch referenced the chart -- and I agree, it isn't the gospel -- but just swapping firsts I'd think the Saints could at least demand their 3rd. Throwing in Stinchcomb seems a waste of any value he might have. I'd rather see him stay on as depth than be chucked in unnecessarily in a deal just to see the team part with him.

The 15 and thier 3rd is not hardly enough val;ue to trade the 10th pick, AND we are giving them a (at least) serviceable RT. We SHOULD be GETTING MORE than the third not giving up more...

Good thing many of you are not the GM....

Looks like Detroit's first and third would be just barely enough, according to the new trade chart, to get our 1st... Trade Stinch to someone else to recoup our fourth, yes?

That makes a lot more sense to me. Heck, hypothetically speaking, there's no reason to think the Saints shouldn't get the Lions' third straight-up (at the least) and get something of any value, even a conditional pick, for Stinchcomb in another move.

Just giving him away is silly.

I agree Detroit should add something else of value to the equation. With Johnson and Williams on the roster, they should be willing to part with one of their other WRs (Furrey or McDonald). That would make the trade worthwhile

outgoing
#10 pick, Stinchomb

incoming,
#15 pick, 3rd round pick, McDonald/Furrey

What's the problem? Matt Millen would make this trade if he was the Saints GM.:D
I would only do that if they would also take Bullocks and David.

btw, Strief should start at LT, Brown at RT

Brown is the one reason I would keep Stinchcomb. He struggled on his bad knees last year and those type situations rarely have a good ending. I like Strief. He definitely can start. But, to trade Stinchcomb and then lose Brown to injury, you would have Strief and Bushrod starting, or Strief, Alleman and Nesbit at RT. It could work out, but that's alot of change on a unit that has done a good job keeping the franchise upright.

Brown didn't struggle on bad knees. The man had foot and ankle problems in preseason and he had to play himself into shape during the first month of the regular season.

It cost us a third to move from 16 to 13 for Jamaal Brown, so there is no way the Lions are getting from 15 to 10 and a starting OT for a third rounder.

I like the trade under the following conditions:

1) There is no opportunity to move up to drat Ellis or Dorsey
2) There is not a better opportunity to move down
3) Stinchcomb is in the final year of his contract, giving the Saints a 3rd round pick for a guy they would likely let leave for nothing

Strief is probably just as good at RT as Stinchcomb is at RT.

3) ...for a guy they would likely let leave for nothing

Which is essentially what they'd be getting for him in this deal...nothing. They aren't getting a 3rd for Stinchcomb and it shouldn't take the addition of a player to get the compensation to a 3rd round pick.

For those who support this trade, what do you think is fair compensation for the Lions to move from 15 to 10, no Saints player included -- just moving those slots?

We've already lost one of our starting lineman this offseason, it would not be wise for this organization to lo lose 2 starters on the offensive line in 1 offseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom