wdfn Detroit speculated (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That there will be a trade between the Saints and Lions. Basically, the lions get 10 and Stinchcomb while the Saints get 15 and Detroits 3rd.
Det- Mendenhall and Stinch
NO- can still get their LB/CB they want and get an extra 3rd

Not sure if this was idle speculation or if they actually had inside info.

now that it's been leaked that NO might be a willing trade partner, these scenarios will probably get more rampant

trading down and losing on OL?

I would pass on this

Why would the Saints make this trade? We lose a starter, move 5 places down in the first round for an extra third round pick. The only way a deal like this happens is if we get a starter in return. Because as far as things go, moving down 5 places there in the first at least merits a 3rd round selection. Therefore, giving up a starter is over kill in such a deal.

Why would we trade our starting RT, move down 5 spots and only get a 3rd round pick in return? That is the dumbest draft move I have ever seen speculated.

wth?!?!! The Saints are not that stupid to trade down 5 spots and lose their starting RT for an extra 3rd round.

Why would we trade our starting RT, move down 5 spots and only get a 3rd round pick in return? That is the dumbest draft move I have ever seen speculated.

I've got to agree -- that doesn't make sense. Detroit gets to move up five spots in the first and add a starting RT to their roster and it only costs them a third round pick? Okay...

I've heard more realistic scenarios come out of an addicted gambler hocking his watch at a Vegas pawn shop at 4am so he can buy meth to stay up long enough to get his money back.

What is Stinchcomb's contract status? I'm drawing a blank. Didn't we just re-sign him to a three-year deal?

We give up the tenth pick AND as starting offensive tackle????

for what

5 picks later and a third? NO give me a third we keep stinch and you can have the tenth if our player isn't there, for your 15th.

I guess Im the only one who likes this deal then. Losing Stinchcomb is just fine with me, Strief should have supplanted Stinchcomb in the rotation already anyway. Moving back 5 spots and picking up and extra 3rd round pick is a shrewd move that will benefit the team.

"Starting" right tackle... Stinchcomb is the weakest of our 5 starting offensive linemen (in talent not strength).

I don't see this trade happening, but if the FO is willing to let him go this must mean they like what they see in either Streif or Bushrod.

Plus... if we do go down to 15 there will still be a very good chance to get one of those OTs. And the extra pick would help us with getting help on defense or offense.

I'm just sayin...

What is Stinchcomb's contract status? I'm drawing a blank. Didn't we just re-sign him to a three-year deal?

I think this is his last year... if I'm not mistaken I think we signed him to a 2-year deal...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom