Saints We’re going to draft Najee Harris and SR will implode. (1 Viewer)

With our cap issues I think we draft one of the positions where we aren't going to be able to afford to keep someone. I'm leaning DB.

I agree. I don't think we draft a RB in the 1st round both of our excellent backs are under contract next year....QB and secondary are the obvious need areas if the right player is available....

Payton has been doing the same thing for 15 years. He’s experimenting with a power run game that just rushed for 220 yards against a decent Broncos defense. We drafted a big agile but not really fast TE in Adam Trautman. And a guard Cesar Ruiz that can do it all ( I hope with a real training camp). We have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. But, how many break away runs does Kamara have?
I’m not saying it’s Kamara. Maybe it’s defenses that have mastered inside and outside zone run schemes. And Kamara can only handle about 200 attempts in the regular season. If that.
Murray is 30-31 and he’s an excellent back but he’s not getting younger.
The team is trending to a power run game with zone runs mixed in.

We can run more play action pass plays than we have in recent years opening things up downfield. And with a younger back like Najee we could see some big runs. I also think Payton will get even more creative with his blocking schemes and we’ll see a top 5 rushing attack.

Yes the question of who will be the future QB still looms but I don’t want to address that in this thread.
Right team, wrong player.

Mac Jones is the future QB of this team.

I would trade two 1's to land him.

Bama players often look great because they are at Bama.....surrounded at all positions that are more talented than the opponents.
No way to know if Najee is more Derrick Henry or Trent Richardson.
And Bama QB’s have always benefitted from great OL and great OL and great WR play.
Not saying Jones or Harris won’t be great, but always some trepidation with Bama guys.

I'm not a big fan of drafting a RB in the first. Especially considering what we have in the backfield already. Though if you're picking around 32 it's practically a second-rounder.

I'm probably going to be banging the table for a QB this year. Maybe the first year I would list it as a must. I'd even be perfectly fine to see them trade up to target the guy they like. I support Taysom starting next year but view it as a post-Brees transition experiment.

With that said I am not one to freak out over who they draft. I can only trust their vision and scouting. I'll then learn about the player and try to find out what made them make their decision. Even if it's just simply bpa, we've seen that work out for the best many times.

Solid running back and I wouldn't mind the Saints selecting him. However, I think they should look at addressing the cornerback position. Harris might slip to the second round.

Payton has been doing the same thing for 15 years. He’s experimenting with a power run game that just rushed for 220 yards against a decent Broncos defense. We drafted a big agile but not really fast TE in Adam Trautman. And a guard Cesar Ruiz that can do it all ( I hope with a real training camp). We have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. But, how many break away runs does Kamara have?
I’m not saying it’s Kamara. Maybe it’s defenses that have mastered inside and outside zone run schemes. And Kamara can only handle about 200 attempts in the regular season. If that.

We can run more play action pass plays than we have in recent years opening things up downfield. And with a younger back like Najee we could see some big runs. I also think Payton will get even more creative with his blocking schemes and we’ll see a top 5 rushing attack.

Yes the question of who will be the future QB still looms but I don’t want to address that in this thread.
That would be great.

Without Brees we will need. IMO, to evolve into something like what we were with Teddy at the helm last year.

Running the ball well, while not being one dimensional with it and playing good defense is a proven formula.

I think there’s 5 guys viable for the #2 QB position in this class, which is really saying something. Obviously Lawrence is far and away the QB1 but between Trask, Fields, Lance, Wilson & Jones there’s a good amount of starter level talent in this class.

From what I am seeing, Trask is starting to pull away but I still really love the talent with Fields & Lance. Wilson will understandably get the Baker comp and Mac Jones is lower ceiling IMO. But still, you’re talking about 6 potential NFL starters or maybe even 7 with Jamie Newman. Good class of QBs.
How many of those guys have more than 2 seasons as a starter. The success rate for QBs with 2 or fewer years starting is really low. I think Mark Sanchez had two seasons at USC before he came out and he didn’t last. He also went to the Jets.
I’m staying away from Lance and Trask. Mac Jones also unless it’s second round.

How many of those guys have more than 2 seasons as a starter. The success rate for QBs with 2 or fewer years starting is really low. I think Mark Sanchez had two seasons at USC before he came out and he didn’t last. He also went to the Jets.
I’m staying away from Lance and Trask. Mac Jones also unless it’s second round.

I believe talent evaluation moreso than experience evaluation. I think you’ll start to see that success rate go up as you see some of the better QB coaches in college football in the same program.

Trask is a lot like Burrow. He doesn’t have the blow-away traits. Burrow was a two year guy but would’ve went unnoticed had he stayed at OSU behind Haskins. Trask didn’t beat out Franks because Franks had the raw and had a coach with the ego to think he could mold the natural ability. Just like Meyer with Haskins. Burrow/Trask don’t win with talent. They win with timing, accuracy, and consistency reading the defense.

Why will the site implode and not explode?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom