Saints We’re going to draft Najee Harris and SR will implode. (1 Viewer)

Najee’s a super freak. But i think the RB who best fits our O, & who’d be the perfect guy to pair w/AK is Kenny Gainwell from Memphis. He opted out of 2020, so he’ll prob be overshadowed & possibly be the forgotten man of the RBs. In my opinion, Gainwell is exactly what a modern day RB should look & play like. Najee, Etienne, Hubbard, Williams, etc. are all ballers, but i think Gainwell is the best of the lot. I’d love to see Kenny Gainwell in a Sean Payton O. If we draft a RB i hope it’s him.

Depends on how his son feels about Najee.
and ftr, I’d love the pick.

I would be fine with drafting Harris in the first and Matt Corral in the second and db’s after that.

Najee’s a super freak. But i think the RB who best fits our O, & who’d be the perfect guy to pair w/AK is Kenny Gainwell from Memphis. He opted out of 2020, so he’ll prob be overshadowed & possibly be the forgotten man of the RBs. In my opinion, Gainwell is exactly what a modern day RB should look & play like. Najee, Etienne, Hubbard, Williams, etc. are all ballers, but i think Gainwell is the best of the lot. I’d love to see Kenny Gainwell in a Sean Payton O. If we draft a RB i hope it’s him.

Gainwell looks like sproles 2.0. He’s okay.
If we’re talking 2nd tier guys I like the guy from Penn State. He’s strong and explosive like Barkley!

And yet ironically he was pilloried for several years here as not being worth the picks we gave up to get him.
Well to be fair for the first three years he wasn’t. It wasn’t until his second contract with us when he really got going.

Well to be fair for the first three years he wasn’t. It wasn’t until his second contract with us when he really got going.
The fact is that he was in a three way time share with two other excellent backs in that early period. Let's not revisit that debate.

Bwaahahahahahaa.

Every year people convince themselves we are drafting the highest ranked RBs.

Almost always it's an Alabama RB. Which is of course unrelated to the fact that they're on TV a lot.

Enjoy the fantasy.
That’s it! Bama RB’s are off limits for the Saints to pick, because Bama is on TV too much! Brilliant.

That’s it! Bama RB’s are off limits for the Saints to pick, because Bama is on TV too much! Brilliant.
Did I say that? Or did I say people get over exposed to one team and often then jump on here telling us we have to draft some kid from the biggest school with the biggest national exposure.

To be fair, at least this time we weren't told he's a 'once in a generation' prospect. Seems to me these once in a generation prospects are being heralded every damn year.

If the FO considers him to be the best player on the board I could see it happening. Latavius Murray is 30 years old and AK is always going to need a complimentary running buddy. There's usually a lot of value at RB at the end of round 1.

Payton has been doing the same thing for 15 years. He’s experimenting with a power run game that just rushed for 220 yards against a decent Broncos defense. We drafted a big agile but not really fast TE in Adam Trautman. And a guard Cesar Ruiz that can do it all ( I hope with a real training camp). We have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. But, how many break away runs does Kamara have?
I’m not saying it’s Kamara. Maybe it’s defenses that have mastered inside and outside zone run schemes. And Kamara can only handle about 200 attempts in the regular season. If that.
Murray is 30-31 and he’s an excellent back but he’s not getting younger.
The team is trending to a power run game with zone runs mixed in.

We can run more play action pass plays than we have in recent years opening things up downfield. And with a younger back like Najee we could see some big runs. I also think Payton will get even more creative with his blocking schemes and we’ll see a top 5 rushing attack.

Yes the question of who will be the future QB still looms but I don’t want to address that in this thread.

I’m down with drafting a RB, but Najee Harris will NOT be a break away runner in the NFL...

Payton wants to pass first and pass often. It's who is and what the NFL is.
That's so 2016.

2006-2016
Brees 39.9 passes per game

2017-2020
Brees 33.4 passes per game

We average roughly 65 offensive plays a game since 2006, so we are essentially a 50/50 pass/run split since 2017.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom