Saints We’re going to draft Najee Harris and SR will implode. (1 Viewer)

Me too, then we get game like Denver when we have 2 starting OL out and it's the only reason why we're having issues. I was all in on defense, defense, defense last draft but god I'm glad we didn't now. The D is almost too deep and it'd have been a waste of a pick. Ruiz however has been starting and although coming along slow, looks promising and is holding together our unit as being one of the league's best.
It's going to take a while to see the real value in drafting Ruiz. One knock against him right now (and it might be a while to get rid of) is he allowed a sack that placed Brees on IR.
I wanted a skill position player, and Vikings messed that up for us. I could have lived with picking Patrick Queen, but no where on Earth would have imagined that we were drafting another Center.

Ruiz will move to center next year, Mc Coy will move to Guard. I think the first round pick will be Armistead’s future replacement, a tackle that can also play Guard. Much like Peat. With Armistead and Peat’s injury history it is important to have a player that can fill for either of them. Then the line is set for the next 10 years.
SP has been really good at finding productive running backs late in the draft or in Free Agency.
I still think Drew’s replacement will come via FA vice the draft. SP wants a plug and play QB.

Why would Saints fans be upset with drafting one of the best players in the draft? I don't think that he'll fall to us in the first, he's a better RB prospect than any of the players from last year. But who knows with the way the league pays RBs these days. Kamara and Harris, plus/minus Hill would be downright dreadful for opposing defenses.

Why would Saints fans be upset with drafting one of the best players in the draft? I don't think that he'll fall to us in the first, he's a better RB prospect than any of the players from last year. But who knows with the way the league pays RBs these days. Kamara and Harris, plus/minus Hill would be downright dreadful for opposing defenses.
Running backs just don’t go in the first round anymore. And there’s Travis Etienne in front of him in the rankings.

We could also get Etienne but I wonder about his ability to get tough yards. He’s really fast, but not very shifty,, and not a power back. Either way we need another running back.

Running backs just don’t go in the first round anymore. And there’s Travis Etienne in front of him in the rankings.

We could also get Etienne but I wonder about his ability to get tough yards. He’s really fast, but not very shifty,, and not a power back. Either way we need another running back.

Love Etienne...but I’d take Najee if I’m the Saints. He would compliment Kamara’s skillset perfectly.

Are NFL teams aware of this? I feel like they should be notified so nobody pulls a josh jacobs or a clyde edwards on draft night and looks stupid.
1 RB taken in the first round the last two years does not prove your point. And Helaire was a reach for the Chiefs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom