We “over” achieved this season (1 Viewer)

When you really think about it and look at the actual team this year (forget about priors), we were kind of lucky and overachieved.

Think of the bad teams that we narrowly beat (chargers, lions). All the games when we got by with backups in key positions, all the injuries. I also think we rank some players and positions well higher than their actual play and talent as well.

No excuses here but just a thread about context. This is a good team and it was a fun season, but they truly weren’t a super bowl level team and if they got there it would have been with a little more luck.

hopefully we can reload even with cap restraints by developing players within (there are a bunch of potential up and comers) and establish a new identity. I could really see the Saints transition to a run 1st and defensive team from here! Whatever the case, if you’re a real fan you’ll follow along whatever the future holds. I’m anxious to see it and will be along for the ride even if the Saints next chapter sucks, although I’m optimistic...have to be

What are the quotations in your title in aid of?

So the 1st or 2nd best and deepest roster in the league overachieved? Nope, we underachieved in the post season AGAIN. No sugar coating it

1. Considered the best to 4th best? By whom?
Deepest roster? Says whom?
Studs at every position? Says you? Name them. Then take a look at our schedule. And the quality of our wins and losses.
Most of your statements and assumptions are based on opinion. Use more facts.
1. My every major sports media outlet on radio and TV.

2. The quality of wins and losses favors my argument. Saints were among league leaders in point differential, QBR differential and turnover differential. They were among the league leaders in 3rd and 4th down conversions. These are all statistics that are commonly and widely used to predict betting outcomes.

3. Drew Brees HOF player with a first round talent and unique talent at 2 and 3.
Kamara and Murray are exceptional.
Michael Thomas, Emanuel Sanders along with his depth (3rd round talent, electric return man, blossoming Callaway)
OL has first round talent at multiple positions and pro bowler at the other.
DL has 3 of 4 starters stayed 1st round and next guy had 13 sacks.
3 outstanding man corners who all tackle well
Demario Davis is one of the best in the league the past two seasons.
Lutz coming into the season was considered top 3 in league by most people and statistically.
Morstead coming into the season was considered top 2 in the league.
Malcolm Jenkins first round talent pro bowler

4. What's the problem with the quality of our wins or schedule? We didn't make the schedule. NFL isn't NCAA, even the worst team can beat the best. Part of our weakness in schedule is due to our team winning 12 games and our division rival winning 11. That's a lot of Ls for everyone else.

All you did to support your point was to weakly and lazily attack mine. Come at me.

The same could be said practically about every playoff team......Bucs barely beat the Giants.

When you really think about it and look at the actual team this year (forget about priors), we were kind of lucky and overachieved.

Think of the bad teams that we narrowly beat (chargers, lions). All the games when we got by with backups in key positions, all the injuries. I also think we rank some players and positions well higher than their actual play and talent as well.

No excuses here but just a thread about context. This is a good team and it was a fun season, but they truly weren’t a super bowl level team and if they got there it would have been with a little more luck.

hopefully we can reload even with cap restraints by developing players within (there are a bunch of potential up and comers) and establish a new identity. I could really see the Saints transition to a run 1st and defensive team from here! Whatever the case, if you’re a real fan you’ll follow along whatever the future holds. I’m anxious to see it and will be along for the ride even if the Saints next chapter sucks, although I’m optimistic...have to be

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom