We aint THAT bad at drafting. (1 Viewer)

Cowcontrol777

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yes. Maybe we aren't the best on the defensive side.

Our offense is looking good, though. I see two future multiple pro bowl receivers on out team. Not bad. Call me crazy, but I think Peat will be a future pro bowler as well.

Lasco? Ingram? By the end of the year I hope our running game will come to fruition.

I'm just saying...

This offense it top notch. We get some ballers back on defense - this team might do something.

vicarro is a keeper. Jordan is rallying his troops. Maybe we might make some noise.

just sayin...

There were some definite rough patches in our drafts between 2010-2014 and some of our free agent choices in that span were suspect as well.

However, since Ireland has come aboard, both seem to have become more efficient. We still have some FA misses since 14' but we have as exciting and intriguing a group of young draftees and UDFAs as we've had since 06'.

The future is bright for this team.

Seeing Malcolm Jenkins make picks for the eagles hurts every time.

It really shouldn't. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery. Every time Jenkins gets a pick and you feel upset, go watch a replay of a Nick Fairley sack. Guys recommit themselves after a wake up call. The Pats jettison players like Jenkins all the time. They also get great play out of under performers regularly. They also sign Albert Haynesworth, get nothing out of him, and cut bait quickly. The league is a giant merry-go-round, lol.

that's definitely a glass is half full way of looking at it......I see it a little differently.

Com'on man.

I think we look back too far to find fault with our draft performance. The fact is, our next 2 drafts will look a LOT more like our past 2 drafts than those of 5-10 years ago. Don't know about you, but that makes me smile.

There were some definite rough patches in our drafts between 2010-2014 and some of our free agent choices in that span were suspect as well.

yep, theres like maybe 4(?) people left on the team from all those drafts :covri:

We're not but some people want to have 20 picks like other teams because obviously with that many picks we'll have studs all over the field. /sarcasm

right now Anthony and Grayson are really bad picks

That crap needs to stop. Anthony while hugely disappointing is somewhat understandable of a pick we needed help on D at lb we gambled we lost, throwing away a 3rd rounder on God knows what Payton saw in Grayson is insane when you are fielding the leagues worst defense.

Last edited:
When it comes to grayson, you HAVE to play the quarterback lotto early if you want to find someone. Trading up for Cooks was worth it, and we stopped him from going to the eagles. We got a starter in Lasco in the sixth or seventh round. Look at our contributing UDFA:

Delvin Breaux
Kenneth Crawley
Tommy lee Lewis
Michael Mauti

Great FA signing:
Craig Robertson - top five in tackles in the league
Nick Fairley
Claimed Hightower off the scrap heap and used him.

I don't hear of others, even the revered patriots, finding these gems. Just because they are reported on ad nauseum, doesn't make their scouting any better than ours right now. I swear this team looks a lot like 2006 for pieces coming together. I admit, pre- Jeff Ireland, we sucked badly.

Drew and Payton make the talent on offense look better, but lack of talent drafting is on both sides

We're not but some people want to have 20 picks like other teams because obviously with that many picks we'll have studs all over the field. /sarcasm

And 6/7 picks have to be at least Pro Bowl caliber.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom