We all have to like Cowherd now. Herd on Taysom (1 Viewer)

Over 15 years ago when Loose Cannon saw Vick play he told me that we are seeing a massive change in QBs. Vick-like QBs would be the future he said. Even as the new passing rules also helped the great pocket QBs, LC stayed the course and insisted that mobile QBs are the future, now. He saw the type QBs being developed at the college level and he understood the changes in NFL defenses to attack with speed with power focused on destroying pocket QBs.

I doubted him until the last few years. But now we have Mahomes, Watson, Dak, Wilson, Jackson, Allen and I hate to even type this, Cam.

It's clear that SP has been fascinated by mobile QBs for a few years now. With a pocket passer, a top O-line is imperative. With a mobile QB, the need for a ton of 1st round O-linemen is not quite that important or expensive.

Taysom Hill fits that mold and apparently SP believes he has his QB of the future. If Hill succeeds, I can't wait to see the insane plays the mad offensive genius SP will dream-up. It will be exciting

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Cowherd is just another Jim Rome clone that makes controversial statements for better ratings. Saying Taysom is the Saints next franchise QB is controversial OUTSIDE of the WhoDat Nation.

Colin is one of my favorites. Loves drew. Is actually funny at times.

I agree with the guy in that there isn't much that is prototypical about Taysom Hill as a QB, and I think that's what caught Payton's eye initially. Payton has never been afraid to think or go outside of the box.. As we've seen, Taysom is an absolute play maker, no matter where he is on the field. I'm not sure he would be a prototypical "fit" at any position, honestly. But he's so athletic and productive that one of the best and create offensive minds has fully committed to giving him a shot at becoming our next QB. There will still be competition, of course, but I truly think it's Taysom's job to lose. I don’t think it has as much to do with the changing times as it does having an innovative head coach. Mobile QBs are not a new thing, but Taysom is a different type of athlete altogether. He’s just got the “it” factor. Will be interesting to see it play out, but I’ll still be sad to move on from the GOAT.

I've generally enjoyed listening to him, even when he said something I didn't particularly enjoy hearing at the moment.

I've seen some say he ranted about the Saints during Bountygate..................I don't know, he probably did........I didn't really start listening to him until 2016 or so.

He usually does a "Where Colin was right" and "Where Colin was wrong" segment on his show.........so it's not like he's afraid to take his medicine.

I agree with the guy in that there isn't much that is prototypical about Taysom Hill as a QB, and I think that's what caught Payton's eye initially. Payton has never been afraid to think or go outside of the box.. As we've seen, Taysom is an absolute play maker, no matter where he is on the field. I'm not sure he would be a prototypical "fit" at any position, honestly. But he's so athletic and productive that one of the best and create offensive minds has fully committed to giving him a shot at becoming our next QB. There will still be competition, of course, but I truly think it's Taysom's job to lose. I don’t think it has as much to do with the changing times as it does having an innovative head coach. Mobile QBs are not a new thing, but Taysom is a different type of athlete altogether. He’s just got the “it” factor. Will be interesting to see it play out, but I’ll still be sad to move on from the GOAT.

Winston is light-years ahead of Hill as a QB talent and arm talent, he's the best prospect at the position Payton has had not named Drew Brees, he's going to have a resurrection under Payton in this offense.

Winston is light-years ahead of Hill as a QB talent and arm talent, he's the best prospect at the position Payton has had not named Drew Brees, he's going to have a resurrection under Payton in this offense.

I think the plan is for the Saints keep Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston on the roster beyond next season.
Both players will battle it out for the starting QB after Brees hangs up his cleats... with Taysom Hill having the inside track. Winston will be the insurance... and he’s a pretty good plan B.

:unsure: Hmmmm. "I wonder if Drew and the guys have gotten/ or will get together to do some drills soon"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom