We analyzed all of Drew Brees' 7,485 passes with the Saints. Result? A clear picture of greatness (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1536204474054.png

By Nick Underhill | The Advocate

Reggie Bush doesn’t remember the play.

It probably feels more significant in hindsight than it did in the moment. It was his first career reception, but more importantly, it was the first completion of Drew Brees’ tenure with the Saints.

“I don’t remember it,” Bush said. “Tell me which play? I don’t even remember which play.”

It isn’t easy to remember all of the plays Brees has made, which is why The Advocate recently watched, charted and categorized all 7,485 passes the quarterback has thrown during his time in New Orleans. With Brees trailing Peyton Manning by 1,495 on the all-time yards passing list, it seemed prudent to gather a greater understanding for how one of the NFL’s greatest careers came together.

The pass to Bush was a simple hitch on the right sideline. It’s easy to understand why the details of the 11-yard gain have faded from Bush’s memory. The 2006 opener against Cleveland was nearly spoiled when Bush misplayed a punt before pulling it in, and then Brees got off to an underwhelming start when his first pass was batted down by Willie McGinest, and his second pass, a curl to Joe Horn, was woefully underthrown. ...

Full Story - The Advocate

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom