We are 3 plays away from being 7-2. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1.) Michael Crabtree's 2 PT conversion in the Oakland game to take the lead in the waning seconds of the game. Stop that play and we win.

2.) Blocked field goal that was returned for a TD in the New York game. Giants were terrible that game and their offense never found the end zone. That play resulted in a 10 point swing. Instead of 3 for us, they get 7. If we hit that FG we would have easily won.

3.) Blocked PAT returned for a 2 PT conversion today against Denver. Don't need to explain further, should have won by 1.

That's it, folks. 3 plays away from being 7-2 and being only behind Dallas as the best record in the NFC. Yes, the ball bounced against our favor in those situations as that tends to happen occasionally during the course of a season.

You have to admit though, this team is undeniably better than what we've seen on the field in the past few years. There's a lot of football left and quite frankly, after seeing how the Saints have outplayed the Seahawks and Broncos in the past 3 weeks, they could easily beat every remaining opponent on the schedule. It's been a wild ride so far this year, but I am personally excited for this team down the stretch as they push for a wildcard spot. It won't be easy but it's very doable given how well they have played lately.

Who Dat.

We are also 2 plays from being 2-7. San Diego game and the Seahawks game had a play or two that if they went the other way we wouldn't have won.

We are also a major meltdown by Rivers and Co. and a pass thrown 6 inches shorter by Russell Wilson from being 2-7.

This team is a legit 4-5.

Get all 3 phases going and consistently win the turnover battle and then we can talk.

With all that said, this is the first season like this where I clearly see a light at the end of the tunnel. This team is very possibly a year away from being "special" again.

This is one of Payton's better teams. We have just been terribly unlucky with ball bounces and bad calls. To turn the knife a little more, instead of using the Crabtree play, let's use the Raiders 4th down conversion via pass interference when the ball was thrown out of bounds. If we can just make it to the playoffs, I think there is a very good shot at going deep, absent any significant injuries.

Carolina is our absolute last chance. If we lose, we are done.

Do Vikings fans sit around saying "we were one bad decision by Favre from being in the Super Bowl?"

OK. They probably do. But it's sad. We are not sad Viking fans. Reality is that we are 4-5. And that sucks. If we go 5-2.....that's a decent streak. But we'd be 9-7 and most likely on the outside looking in. So, no. This sucks. And yeah, we got screwed. But we also had four turnovers. FOUR TOs. At home. Against backups. You just don't win like that.

The team is more fun to watch. OK. And the future is brighter than we thought it could be. But that will bring me very little solace in January when other teams are playing and I know we're were just a few plays (or more like calls) away from being in the playoffs.

What hurts will be some teams we beat being playoff teams.

This is a mediocre team. Few plays from being 2-7, maybe a few plays from being 7-2. We aren't terrible, but we aren't good either. We had our chance to get even with Atlanta today...we blew it. In sports, being middle of the pack is the worst spot to be in.

If we go 5-2.....that's a decent streak. But we'd be 9-7 and most likely on the outside looking in.

Why is this the sentiment I'm seeing. With what we've seen from the NFC this year, I could absolutely see us getting in with that record, given that we still have Carolina and DET still on the shedule. Packers aren't looking great, Eagles have their issues, and Cousins isn't exactly a franchise qb.

I was pretty pleased with what I saw today. This team is evolving. Yeah we gave up some early points but then the D showed up to play. We have so many weapons and we're starting to look competent on defense. Not every day will we have WR's fumbling inexplicably or tips that go directly to cornerbacks. As long as the NFC stays muddled in mediocrity, I think we have a damn good fighting chance and making it to the postseason.

Do Vikings fans sit around saying "we were one bad decision by Favre from being in the Super Bowl?"

OK. They probably do. But it's sad. We are not sad Viking fans. Reality is that we are 4-5. And that sucks. If we go 5-2.....that's a decent streak. But we'd be 9-7 and most likely on the outside looking in. So, no. This sucks. And yeah, we got screwed. But we also had four turnovers. FOUR TOs. At home. Against backups. You just don't win like that.

The team is more fun to watch. OK. And the future is brighter than we thought it could be. But that will bring me very little solace in January when other teams are playing and I know we're were just a few plays (or more like calls) away from being in the playoffs.

9-7 can win this division and even 8-8.

This is one of Payton's better teams. We have just been terribly unlucky with ball bounces and bad calls. To turn the knife a little more, instead of using the Crabtree play, let's use the Raiders 4th down conversion via pass interference when the ball was thrown out of bounds. If we can just make it to the playoffs, I think there is a very good shot at going deep, absent any significant injuries.

Or the fact that we were up 24-10 and Brees' anxiety got the best of him after a measley FG. It's no wonder since SP's taken back over the playcalling the offense is not all in bunches and defense is getting a break.

We would not have these small bounces one way or the other if we didn't just rely on Brees on offense. He needs someone he can trust to deliver for him and make something happen. I don't think Cooks can do anything but be boom or bust and that puts Thomas under enormous pressure. And the running game isn't good enough.

This is a mediocre team. Few plays from being 2-7, maybe a few plays from being 7-2. We aren't terrible, but we aren't good either. We had our chance to get even with Atlanta today...we blew it. In sports, being middle of the pack is the worst spot to be in.

Yep. Treadmill teams :jpshakehead:

You have to admit though, this team is undeniably better than what we've seen on the field in the past few years. There's a lot of football left and quite frankly, after seeing how the Saints have outplayed the Seahawks and Broncos in the past 3 weeks, they could easily beat every remaining opponent on the schedule. It's been a wild ride so far this year, but I am personally excited for this team down the stretch as they push for a wildcard spot. It won't be easy but it's very doable given how well they have played lately.

Who Dat.

Let's make one thing very very clear: this team is not good enough to win all its remaining games.

After 2007, 2008, 2014 and 2015 no one should be delusional enough to expect then to "win out" or other such nonsense.

Mark my words. Not gonna happen.

1.) Michael Crabtree's 2 PT conversion in the Oakland game to take the lead in the waning seconds of the game. Stop that play and we win.

2.) Blocked field goal that was returned for a TD in the New York game. Giants were terrible that game and their offense never found the end zone. That play resulted in a 10 point swing. Instead of 3 for us, they get 7. If we hit that FG we would have easily won.

3.) Blocked PAT returned for a 2 PT conversion today against Denver. Don't need to explain further, should have won by 1.

That's it, folks. 3 plays away from being 7-2 and being only behind Dallas as the best record in the NFC. Yes, the ball bounced against our favor in those situations as that tends to happen occasionally during the course of a season.

Who Dat.

They are fun to watch. The problem is that they are going to miss the playoffs again. At some point ( Similar to Packers) change is necessary. It wouldn't shock me if Payton ends up in Green Bay and McCarthy here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom