We are better this morning than we were the last 2 years (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That’s the way we need to look at the draft. We hit 3 major needs that were holes the last couple years. We only have so many roster spots so over picking is useles.

we went 13-3 the last 2 years and will be a better team when we take the field this season. That you can not argue....

Everson griffin makes us clear fav on PAPER but niners look great too

I don’t want to poop on anyone’s party. It’s just, we say the same things every year. It’s the time where everything looks great on paper. Last year, we didn’t think we had a hole at center or RG. We didn’t think we lacked a TE or LB. Yet, injuries happen, someone doesn’t live up to expectations, etc.

I think we did a good job filling positions of need, but too soon to say we’re for sure better because the success of the last few seasons will be hard to repeat a third straight time. A big key to our success, as always, will be injuries. We don’t know how Davenport or Rankins will look, or Anzalone or Kiko. Those are four starters coming from season ending injuries. We’re swapping pieces of the o-line. In theory, we should be better, but it will be an adjustment. I think we’ve done a great job preparing this roster. Just have to hope luck is kind to us and the younger guys take another leap forward.

The Saints felt that the biggest letdown last year was the failure of the interior OL when opponents pressured Brees up the middle. Peat was injured and adding Ruiz was the BPA. Truth is if Brees is not protected, the Saints are toast. To me this was the dominant story in this draft. They will have to find a way to accommodate both McCoy and Ruiz at the center position, one of them have to play G.

I have no idea how the rest of the prospects will fare....time will tell

Did you do the math or is it just a "gut feel"?

Samuels > Ginn (although not comparable)
Baun < Klein (Baun is a rookie)
Jamies W < Teddy
Hill/Cook > Trautman
Ruiz < Easton/Warford/Peat

The team is loaded, but both the 2018 and 2019 team looked better on paper (than the upcoming 2020 team)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom