We Are Better without Peat (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have trouble watching o-lineman individually during the game. I didn't realize he had a bad game. I did see the replay where he whiffed and the run game struggled in general. Brees did have a few nice pockets. I'll reserve judgment for the guys who watch film.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
I have trouble watching o-lineman individually during the game. I didn't realize he had a bad game. I did see the replay where he whiffed and the run game struggled in general. Brees did have a few nice pockets. I'll reserve judgment for the guys who watch film.
The film guys always defend Peat.

Its not about stats or pancakes or any of that. It’s that when he’s in — Brees seems to be tentative and uncomfortable in the pocket. When he’s out, Brees suddenly looks much more comfortable.

If Payton is hitching his horse to Brees then he needs to make adjustments that make Brees more comfortable.

Look we scored 30 points tonight and Brees went over 300 yds, so I’m not trying to dump on Peat for no reason. I’m just thinking about what’s going to happen going forward.

Reaction score
Why is the left guard sent out to the right tackle spot on a pass play. Poor play design.
I agree, but he still missed the very makeable block in embarrassing fashion and could have gotten Drew killed. His job is a blocker, after all. No matter where he is, he should know how to block. But yes. I agree that it was a bad play design.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Peat is the better run blocker, that's why he started tonight. Sean came out ready to run the ball. We got away from it too early again and then the Chargers adjusted.

I still think your best o-line is:
Armstead, Easton, McCoy, Ruiz, Ram

Easton went out with a concussion so couldn't be helped last night.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been saying since last year — regardless of what the apologists say — regardless of the stats and figures about how much of a “mauler” he is .. Brees clearly looks less comfortable out there when Peat is in.

I don’t care about stats on this. When Peat was injured last year, the offense hummed. When he came back, we tanked. Brees looked worlds more comfortable last week than this week and I have to believe Peat is the reason.
I'm seeing the same thing, but I'm wondering why Payton can't see it?

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Peat’s been as soft as cottonelle toilet paper since arriving. He has his some really good moments, but also some really bad moments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom