We Are Better without Peat (3 Viewers)

This is one of those "I was thinking it, but wasn't going to post it" types of threads.

I don't care what he is getting paid. If this is truly "Super Bowl or bust", you worry about the salaries next year. He wouldn't be the first millionaire to provide backup depth as a result of being outplayed by others.

Been saying since last year — regardless of what the apologists say — regardless of the stats and figures about how much of a “mauler” he is .. Brees clearly looks less comfortable out there when Peat is in.

I don’t care about stats on this. When Peat was injured last year, the offense hummed. When he came back, we tanked. Brees looked worlds more comfortable last week than this week and I have to believe Peat is the reason.

Maybe it was his whiff on Donald last season that led to Drew’s hand injury. I don’t know ..but watch Drew in the pocket when Peat is in. He doesn’t trust that he’ll hold up.

I’m tired of pretending that Peat is an asset aside from his versatility. Bench him.. make him a backup at each position. We’ll need him down the road - but as it stands, the less I see him the better I feel.

Our run game was better and Brees looked more relaxed last week.

When Peat plays it just looks like Brees knows he doesn't have much time with him.
I think the unpredictability with Peat is the issue. Brees knows it coming. So, he don't try to play with fire and instantly checkdown.

At the end of the day he is a Tackle. But he isn't better than TA or Ram so we try to get him on the field somewhere. He struggles against lateral quickness but he is pretty good agaisnt straight line speed. I will never know whey we paid him so much. The only thing I can think is to be insurance to TA when he gets hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom