We Are Better without Peat (1 Viewer)

Again, when Peat makes a mistake it's just a really BAD MISTAKE that costs us alot.

I still think had he not played we would have won that Minn playoff game (Easton and OL were playing great why bring him back in) and he did get Brees hurt last year.

That being said, he is a good player tho. I don't think they needed to pay him as much as they did but they do have good depth w/ him.

The OL just needs to stay healthy b/c all the moving in and out isn't helping Brees right now. They looked bad on another of plays that didn't allow Brees enough time to throw and this could be due to coming together and developing that chemistry.

It took me a minute to get that this was mannequin. I was thinking maniac, and magician. LOL

I read it as maniac until you said something. I honestly thought maniac was an okay description. A big time athlete just going crazy out there which means he'll destroy a guy then get totally played at times.

I have trouble watching o-lineman individually during the game. I didn't realize he had a bad game. I did see the replay where he whiffed and the run game struggled in general. Brees did have a few nice pockets. I'll reserve judgment for the guys who watch film.

I have trouble watching o-lineman individually during the game. I didn't realize he had a bad game. I did see the replay where he whiffed and the run game struggled in general. Brees did have a few nice pockets. I'll reserve judgment for the guys who watch film.
The film guys always defend Peat.

Its not about stats or pancakes or any of that. It’s that when he’s in — Brees seems to be tentative and uncomfortable in the pocket. When he’s out, Brees suddenly looks much more comfortable.

If Payton is hitching his horse to Brees then he needs to make adjustments that make Brees more comfortable.

Look we scored 30 points tonight and Brees went over 300 yds, so I’m not trying to dump on Peat for no reason. I’m just thinking about what’s going to happen going forward.

Why is the left guard sent out to the right tackle spot on a pass play. Poor play design.

I agree, but he still missed the very makeable block in embarrassing fashion and could have gotten Drew killed. His job is a blocker, after all. No matter where he is, he should know how to block. But yes. I agree that it was a bad play design.

Peat is the better run blocker, that's why he started tonight. Sean came out ready to run the ball. We got away from it too early again and then the Chargers adjusted.

I still think your best o-line is:
Armstead, Easton, McCoy, Ruiz, Ram

Easton went out with a concussion so couldn't be helped last night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom