We are going into a rebuild one way or another. Trade Lattimore in the off-season. (2 Viewers)

Crazy to draft a QB when we have Winston. We should be playing him in the entire second quarter to give the defense something different(a pass more than 20 yards down the field).

Winston is on a 1 year deal at a steep discount. If we honestly think he's the future we almost can't afford to play him this year. We have to pay Brees next year whether he plays or not and Taysom whilst he's not making starting QB money isn't exactly cheap either. The ideal situation for this team next year is a rookie QB that can take over either immediately or a year down the line if Brees returns or they want to give Taysom his shot at starting.

The draft conversation depends on how bad we are. We historically start slow, haven't been 2-0 since 2013, this year we beat the bucs then dropped a game to the Raiders no one expected us to drop and lost to the pack without fans in a game we had multiple opportunities to win despite a horrible defensive performance. I know it's fashionable to think we're going 1-15 now because Drew can't get it done anymore, Payton won't bench him and the defense looks like a pile of trash. Looking at recent seasons, chances are we turn this around and at the very least are in the conversation for the division title. Whether that's a 10-6 division title or a 13-3 division title remains to be seen but we still have every chance to make the playoffs. Allen's defenses for whatever reason don't seem to play their best ball until 4-6 weeks into the season, last year it started in week 3, maybe that's cuz Drew went down and they knew they had to step it up, maybe Allen stopped confusing his own players, or maybe they were just embarrased but it's been the trend since DA has been here. It's also why DA keeps getting another year, because at the end of the year these past 2 seasons the defense has looked just as good if not better than the offense at times. Personally I'd be fine if they didn't like Allen in the building ever again but realistically we're not switching DC's in week 3 or even mid-season. Maybe if someone was available for an assistance or consultant role that might happen but wholesale changes at this point is probably not going to happen.

If the doom and gloomers are right we'll be in with a shot to draft one of the top 2 QBs. If they're wrong then we won't and the FO has some work to do. It's that simple.

As far as trading Lattimore goes, his stock is at an all-time low, it doesn't make sense to trade him unless his production increases and if he plays at the level he's capable of then we'll likely want to prioritize paying him, which makes re-signing Winston even less likely. Winston is here to get his mind right and learn from Brees and Payton. I don't know if he'll see the field at all unless he needs too, maybe later in the season when he shows he has full grasp of the playbook we might see some wrinkles like we did with Teddy. Of course if those wrinkles go badly then people will be wondering why Brees or Taysom weren't in the game instead. Lattimore has concentration issues so I can see why we might not pay him but on his day he's one of the best in the business, any offers we would get based on current form wouldn't be worth considering.

I saw someone say "Trade that bum" when Peat was literally being carted off.

It's mindless, reactionary fan talk. Lattimore needs to play better. That's clear. But I mean...what's the plan? Get rid of Lattimore and then what?

Right? Trade lattimore and end up drafting a new corner who we hope can play at the level we know Lattimore is capable of. The man has the talent, he just needs to get his mind right. I don't know how active he is locally, if I was hearing that he was out getting skunked every other night I might feel differently but all I know is that he plays down to his competition, but you can say that about everyone on our defense outside of Demario Davis and so far this season Trey Hendrickson of all people. For that matter you can say that about a lot of people on the offense as well. I know most people here aren't Lakers fans but Lattimore needs a heavy dose of that Mamba Mentality. It doesn't matter if you're playing Antonio Brown or Allen Lazard you need to shut that guy down. Again though, a lot of this has to do with DA's early season form. There is a clear pattern here where Allen's defenses ball out after the first quarter or so of the season. No idea why, I'm just as frustrated as anyone but it's a clear thing.

I saw someone say "Trade that bum" when Peat was literally being carted off.

It's mindless, reactionary fan talk. Lattimore needs to play better. That's clear. But I mean...what's the plan? Get rid of Lattimore and then what?
I don’t think I said that, but I did say that if you combined Peat and Davenport you would have a player who could get you 15 games a season (preseason and playoffs included).

jeez, are we snakebitten or what?

Lattimore is getting elite money. His agent won't take home discount, because secondary corners are prized free agents. Lattimore is just too inconsistent to be paid top 3 at his position. He will get paid. He doesn't have the killer instinct unless he plays against a Mike Evans every week. You don't pay top dollar for that.

You know why we pay Michael Thomas? He brings it every game.

You know why we pay Alvin Kamara? Because he brings it every game.

You don't pay top 5 money for a player that isn't motivated to play every week.

Get picks. Draft a QB. Draft Lattimore replacement.

If Lattimore takes a top 10 deal. That would be fair, but highly unlikely.
Latimore is garbage i retired his jersey a rookie wit no catches puts up 146 yes and to he got restarted at ohio state didn't believe in him thats why he fell in draft start crawley put Jenkins on number 1 wr I see the future bench marcus Williams, too big baby Minnesota ghost rather ceedy duce or swearing in there

Latimore is garbage i retired his jersey a rookie wit no catches puts up 146 yes and to he got restarted at ohio state didn't believe in him thats why he fell in draft start crawley put Jenkins on number 1 wr I see the future bench marcus Williams, too big baby Minnesota ghost rather ceedy duce or swearing in there
Lmao

Man...I thought my take was mildy hot.

Last edited:
God damn I got a nose bleed reading that sheet

Crazy to draft a QB when we have Winston. We should be playing him in the entire second quarter to give the defense something different(a pass more than 20 yards down the field).
So I'm not the only one who thought this.

Damn bro! You have certainly found a place on this forum. Thanks for sharing and keep coming back because it works if you work it!

Lattimore is getting elite money. His agent won't take home discount, because secondary corners are prized free agents. Lattimore is just too inconsistent to be paid top 3 at his position. He will get paid. He doesn't have the killer instinct unless he plays against a Mike Evans every week. You don't pay top dollar for that.

You know why we pay Michael Thomas? He brings it every game.

You know why we pay Alvin Kamara? Because he brings it every game.

You don't pay top 5 money for a player that isn't motivated to play every week.

Get picks. Draft a QB. Draft Lattimore replacement.

If Lattimore takes a top 10 deal. That would be fair, but highly unlikely.
Major fan of this. The dude can’t be depended on...we will never get more for him then now

I mean this isnt a hot take it'll be great if we can make it happen. Aside from a rookie year where lattimore looked like the second coming of Revis hes been bad. If we can avoid paying him and get a 1/2 round pick thatd be excellent. Our DB core is laughable but keeping him around won’t make it any better. But seeing as how we are laying everyone these days who knows. Why Peat and Hill got paid what they did is beyond me.

Winston is on a 1 year deal at a steep discount. If we honestly think he's the future we almost can't afford to play him this year. We have to pay Brees next year whether he plays or not and Taysom whilst he's not making starting QB money isn't exactly cheap either. The ideal situation for this team next year is a rookie QB that can take over either immediately or a year down the line if Brees returns or they want to give Taysom his shot at starting.

The draft conversation depends on how bad we are. We historically start slow, haven't been 2-0 since 2013, this year we beat the bucs then dropped a game to the Raiders no one expected us to drop and lost to the pack without fans in a game we had multiple opportunities to win despite a horrible defensive performance. I know it's fashionable to think we're going 1-15 now because Drew can't get it done anymore, Payton won't bench him and the defense looks like a pile of trash. Looking at recent seasons, chances are we turn this around and at the very least are in the conversation for the division title. Whether that's a 10-6 division title or a 13-3 division title remains to be seen but we still have every chance to make the playoffs. Allen's defenses for whatever reason don't seem to play their best ball until 4-6 weeks into the season, last year it started in week 3, maybe that's cuz Drew went down and they knew they had to step it up, maybe Allen stopped confusing his own players, or maybe they were just embarrased but it's been the trend since DA has been here. It's also why DA keeps getting another year, because at the end of the year these past 2 seasons the defense has looked just as good if not better than the offense at times. Personally I'd be fine if they didn't like Allen in the building ever again but realistically we're not switching DC's in week 3 or even mid-season. Maybe if someone was available for an assistance or consultant role that might happen but wholesale changes at this point is probably not going to happen.

If the doom and gloomers are right we'll be in with a shot to draft one of the top 2 QBs. If they're wrong then we won't and the FO has some work to do. It's that simple.

As far as trading Lattimore goes, his stock is at an all-time low, it doesn't make sense to trade him unless his production increases and if he plays at the level he's capable of then we'll likely want to prioritize paying him, which makes re-signing Winston even less likely. Winston is here to get his mind right and learn from Brees and Payton. I don't know if he'll see the field at all unless he needs too, maybe later in the season when he shows he has full grasp of the playbook we might see some wrinkles like we did with Teddy. Of course if those wrinkles go badly then people will be wondering why Brees or Taysom weren't in the game instead. Lattimore has concentration issues so I can see why we might not pay him but on his day he's one of the best in the business, any offers we would get based on current form wouldn't be worth considering.
Exactly. This team has always started off slow but normally start to pick things up. I do believe we will turn it around, especially on defense. Hopefully it starts this week at Detroit.

Simply put Lattimore is good just doesn’t have the it factor that he’s been hyped to be, yet it’s a critical juncture in his career . I still believe Lattimore has that lockdown season in him that all CBs whom have had that lockdown label have on there resume .

I just feel like I’m beating on a dead horse though when I say ITS NOT THE PLAYERS ITS DENNIS ALLEN .

Lattimore
Jenkins
PRob

MJ
CJG
PJW

How just why aren’t these players allowed to play their game we’re all bluff no bite. It’s crazy we have the talent put it’s that the players are out of position and overlap each other at the safety position .

If DA had any attention to detail he would’ve worked out the PIs in the offseason notice a issue correct it .
Our D is playing off talent alone

Marshon Lattimore 2020 coverage stats via PFF:
-10 catches on 12 targets for 155 yards (83% catch rate and 15.5 YPC allowed)
-Allowed a perfect 158.3 passer rating when targeted, by far worst in the league
-T-Most DPIs (3) among CBs
-2nd-most penalty yards given up, with 57

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom