We are going into a rebuild one way or another. Trade Lattimore in the off-season. (1 Viewer)

How do you know Winston doesn't have a "full grasp" of the playbook? I find that is always attributed to black players, as if they are stupid or something.

Well to be fair I don't know that for sure, but I do know that many players that come in here have spoken before about how complicated our offense can be to pick up for an incoming vet. I can't imagine it's any easier for a Quarterback, if fact I would think it was harder as they have more reads and calls to make on any given play. When you add in the pandemic off-season and lack of any pre-season reps when more than likely he would've gotten at least one whole half in all but the 3rd pre-season game well I think it's a safe bet he probably isn't completely up to speed.

Now maybe he is and Payton just doesn't wanna play him.

I've heard after his stand out rookie season that Lattimore lacked work ethic and wanted to rest on his laurels. I don't know if it's true. Has anyone else heard that?

The hardest position to fill with an elite player outside of QB is CB. When you have one, you keep him.

The hardest position to fill with an elite player outside of QB is CB. When you have one, you keep him.
That is where I am as well. I do, however, hope that we get more consistency from Lattimore as the season progresses!

Lattimore can be so frustrating, has the talent and size to be the best corner in the league.

Rebuild? Man, we are built. We may or may not keep Lattimore, but don't call it a rebuild.

how anyone can look at the plethora of young talent on this team and conclude we're "going into a rebuild" is mind-boggling. yes we'll need a quarterback. but we are so far from "rebuild" status is ridiculous.
LOL...

EXHIBIT A: Salary Cap
EXHIBIT B: 2021 Team Salary

We are losing a lot of talent and depth this offseason.

I want to keep Latt but at the same time I'm wondering does it even matter? Under DA the Secondary has always suffered from the same issues. I keep expecting it to change but it doesn't. The confusion is still there. The stupefying blown assignments. The penalties. The meltdowns in big spots.

Is making Latt one of the highest paid defenders in football going to change any of that? Or is it just going to be more of the same except more expensive?

I want to keep Latt but at the same time I'm wondering does it even matter? Under DA the Secondary has always suffered from the same issues. I keep expecting it to change but it doesn't. The confusion is still there. The stupefying blown assignments. The penalties. The meltdowns in big spots.

Is making Latt one of the highest paid defenders in football going to change any of that? Or is it just going to be more of the same except more expensive?
I say you have to try out a different coaches next year if we keep him.

We'll trade him for a 5th(he's losing value fast) and he'll be mediocre until we play him and he'll decide to show up and ruin our chance at a playoff game or something important.

We'll trade him for a 5th(he's losing value fast) and he'll be mediocre until we play him and he'll decide to show up and ruin our chance at a playoff game or something important.
If we can’t get more than a 5th let him play out the last year of his contract and walk. Man, wish we had landed Patrick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom