We are going into a rebuild one way or another. Trade Lattimore in the off-season. (1 Viewer)

We won’t have to pay him too money, and he won’t have to take a home town discount.

lol, a bad organization is going to drive the price up on him and call this bad year a fluke.

Lattimore is getting elite money. His agent won't take home discount, because secondary corners are prized free agents. Lattimore is just too inconsistent to be paid top 3 at his position. He will get paid. He doesn't have the killer instinct unless he plays against a Mike Evans every week. You don't pay top dollar for that.

You know why we pay Michael Thomas? He brings it every game.

You know why we pay Alvin Kamara? Because he brings it every game.

You don't pay top 5 money for a player that isn't motivated to play every week.

Get picks. Draft a QB. Draft Lattimore replacement.

If Lattimore takes a top 10 deal. That would be fair, but highly unlikely.
Crazy to draft a QB when we have Winston. We should be playing him in the entire second quarter to give the defense something different(a pass more than 20 yards down the field).

A. Saints aren’t drafting a QB. They will go with a vet.
B. Lattimore will not be going anywhere. He’s an elite CB on a sheetty Defense. He will be a Saint for a long time

If this team doesn't make the playoffs and Brees career ends, with the huge amount of cap we are pushing forward and the reduction in cap from the virus which will likely be spread-out to reduce the impact a little, next year may very well be the year for SP to begin a total rebuild. SP is not saying it but he misses the disruption of the long bomb and I get the feeling he wants a mobile QB. Maybe we have the QB in house already.

I think it’s a definite possibility that Lattimore gets dealt in the off-season because of his attitude.

Sure, he can shut down some of the best receivers in the game but will he want to? He’s out here getting worked by rookies and UDFA receivers. Receivers that I’m assuming aren’t worthy of Lattimore’s effort. Not only that, but Mike Evans doesn’t even seem to be Mike Evans right now (2 total yards against Denver) so was it truly Lattimore’s elite play that shut him down? I think dealing him should be in the cards.

Yea if I saw this thread last week, I’d have roasted you for suggesting this. But he just got absolutely roasted by Allen Lazard. Idk who we’ll replace him with, but I’d rather be able to pay Ryan Ramczyk and maybe a stud RDE

Let next year be next year. I just want to improve this year to the point that we're in the conversation again. Lattimore is just one of 53 players that need to shake out of it and go back to playing to the level of their abilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom