We are lucky football fans!!! (1 Viewer)

matt hasselbeck - seattle and donovan mcnabb - philly

McNabb for sure. Still I don't see the 15-20 deep that other 5 year periods have. Even 5-10 years ago it seems like there was more quality depth, and fewer Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Matt Schaubs. Who knows, maybe young guys like Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez will ultimately rise up with this as their early years. I just see average as the best that you could say of the era. I remember at the time without the future totals there being more impressed with the play of the guys in the 70s, mid 80s and 90s than I am with the current crop. I mean when Aikman, Elway, Montana, Young and Favre were active at the top there were at least a dozen good 10+ year competent starters like Bledsoe, Everette, Kelly, Moon, George, Cunningham, Testaverde, O'Donnell, Esiason, Blake, etc, and that's just 1994 alone. I love every year, but I just don't see anything particularly special about the current crop. As I said, young guys and the future may pad it out to average, but right now, it looks decent, but thin on average top to bottom.

Thoughout history fans have watched the best QB's in history play. The game keeps evolving and the players keep getting better.

When their carrers are over, and we look back that Brees, Manning, And Brady played most of their prime years at the same time, I think that will be considered special. It might have to do more complex spread type offenses but these are 3 of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, and they all have still have time to add to their brillant resumes(ex. Brees= superbowls:hihi:). But to even mention Romo and Big Ben, does not really add to this arguement, and I agree with Galbreath that Top to bottom, there has been better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom