We are now at the “media turning against the team” phase of the process (1 Viewer)

Won’t post every tweet, but Underhill in particular seemed to be a lot more critical last night than we have seen him.

If Underhill wants any credibility after being a mouthpiece of the front office for years, he needs to be critical. Some saw this coming much sooner while the deniers kept doing what they do.

The worst is the HOMERS that have an excuse for poor play and coaching and call anyone who's not afraid to call players and coaches out on it "Not real fans." That's the worst.
Yeah, the people who say any negative comment makes you a fair weather fan. If your dog poops on the rug, you don't take him outside and shoot him, but you don't say "YAY! SUCH A GOOD BOY!!!!"

This game was the one that everyone, media, fans, "experts" were looking to for the Saints to win. Granted, ESPN has a disgusting love affair with Tom Brady and my God, you would think that he the only player on the Bucs but I believe many thought this was the game for the Saints to "get right".

Well, they failed. And miserably so now the gloves are off. The season is over, the team morale is in the crapper with four games to go. They probably will lose all of them as well. Definite losses against the Browns and Eagles.

And now the speculation of who will be with the Saints and who won't next year begins.

This game was the one that everyone, media, fans, "experts" were looking to for the Saints to win. Granted, ESPN has a disgusting love affair with Tom Brady and my God, you would think that he the only player on the Bucs but I believe many thought this was the game for the Saints to "get right".

Well, they failed. And miserably so now the gloves are off. The season is over, the team morale is in the crapper with four games to go. They probably will lose all of them as well. Definite losses against the Browns and Eagles.

And now the speculation of who will be with the Saints and who won't next year begins.

We are NOT making the playoffs. You'd have to be on some serious meth to think otherwise.

Blow it up. Start all the young guys. Bench all the starters who look like couldn't give a fork. (Looking at you Kamara)

Excellent. Dennis Allen is the rising Empire building his Death Star of Doom. We need to rebel!

Yeah, the people who say any negative comment makes you a fair weather fan. If your dog poops on the rug, you don't take him outside and shoot him, but you don't say "YAY! SUCH A GOOD BOY!!!!"
It's called coaching. I coached my dog by taking him outside to poop. Allen's coaching is poop.

Well I am not one to advocate firing anyone or giving people some time. But when I start to feel coaching is the MAIN problem and something needs to change, it is time.

It surprises me that there isn't more talk about the precipitous decline in the quality of the offensive line play. Oddly, this has affected the running game more so than the passing game notwithstanding the awful sack last night. But the holes for the running backs have not been there.

Maybe it was Brees who made the OL look better than they actually are. It's more likely that once again, it's the injuries in my view.

It surprises me that there isn't more talk about the precipitous decline in the quality of the offensive line play. Oddly, this has affected the running game more so than the passing game notwithstanding the awful sack last night. But the holes for the running backs have not been there.

Maybe it was Brees who made the OL look better than they actually are. It's more likely that once again, it's the injuries in my view.
There was a lot of that. He called the protections, recognized things, made quick decisions, got the ball out faster maybe more than any QB in history. That helped a lot in passing game but even so there were too many seasons when the OL was terrible in the run game. Couldn't get a yard when needed. Summed up by that Payton TE double reverse to Josh Hill I think it was...

So what do we do about the OL...do we draft more OLmen in the 1st to fix this problem? when is enough enough. To me, it's coaching/scheme letting us down. We have 5 Olinemen...all of them first round picks made by US and we're still allegedly having this problem. SO is the issue scouting? is it coaching? or are the players just not good (scouting?) or all of the above.

Should we even bother with drafting O linemen and shift strategy to obtaining mid level role players on the O line via free agency or 3rd - 4th round picks. (what I'd prefer)

So what do we do about the OL...do we draft more OLmen in the 1st to fix this problem? when is enough enough. To me, it's coaching/scheme letting us down. We have 5 Olinemen...all of them first round picks made by US and we're still allegedly having this problem. SO is the issue scouting? is it coaching? or are the players just not good (scouting?) or all of the above.

Should we even bother with drafting O linemen and shift strategy to obtaining mid level role players on the O line via free agency or 3rd - 4th round picks. (what I'd prefer)
Technically, McCoy wasn't a first round pick, but your point stands. In answering your question, I'd say "all of the above." There has to be a way to use the talent more effectively. Given the other personnel issues, draft and free agency capital should probably be spent elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom