We are so boned (and not in a good way) (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

When such a high percentage of people would do away with their pets or sex than their phone, our society is in major trouble

If you look at this information and still think the issue is one political party or the other than I feel sorry for you

Wow, that was depressing and hard to believe.
Or maybe some people need better moves and dogs?

Yeah, there is nothing inherently "evil" about the smartphone itself... It's the ridiculous social media content available on them 24x7 - and the lettuce brained zombies that can't stop watching or don't feel complete as a person unless they get their "likes"....

Being a life long IT Network Engineer.... I knew social media would be the bane of society when it was introduced... I have resisted owning or looking at any social media since it's inception (not an easy task in my profession)... to avoid idiots with a (louder than they should have) voice.... and to prevent people from using my word and thoughts without context against me in the future.

What we have today is akin to what it would have been like in the 90's if people had the option to watch a hand held version of Jerry Springer 24x7... and then used that content to form ideological beliefs, get updates on current events, or make their life decisions.

I've been saying for the better half of a decade that... if all social media went away tomorrow.... half of the worlds' issues would vanish like a fart in the wind.

Smart Phones are fine... content is killing us.

Last edited:
I can thank social media for allowing the toxic family and friends of mine to identify themselves.

It also helped me to understand that a large portion of my family, friends and coworkers are developmentally challenged. It's easier to deal with people when you know that they're unable to understand rather than thinking that they're being maliciously ignorant.

The only social media that I have left is this place, and Reddit/all

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom