We are spoiled by the success.... (1 Viewer)

domedog316

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know that the winning is freaking awesome....but what I'm seeing by some of my fellow fans is sad. We are calling for players to be cut, second guessing the trades our new coach has made......whining about losing to a good team....

I hate to lose but man after the last 21 years as a fan this season still feels alot different than some that I've lived through.....I'm sure that there are folks here who've been here since the beginning that can back me up.

Enjoy the ride, hope for success....but just keep in mind what happened last year....and don't make yourselves sick over 1 loss. We've lost to three teams, one of them a lock for the playoffs (Ravens) one of them a good possibility (Panthers) and a desperately proud, talented team who's had a lot of bad luck but still can say they are the Champions of the league. (Steelers)

It's not like we lost to the Browns, Lions or any other 7-10 truly bad teams out there. I would even say that in beating the Browns and Packers we proved how good we are because we are still winning the games we are SUPPOSED to win.

We were underdogs to the Ravens, Steelers and the Panthers if memory serves me (and it may not).

GEAUX SAINTS!! Thank God for Drew, Sean, Deuce, Colston and the rest of our highly talented, heart filled team.

I agree.

Red%20Squirrels.JPG

I still think that Craft is a GLARING weakness for our secondary.

Couldnt agree more, people are missing the whole point of this season, we wanna be considered in the same breath as the Colts........after one season...not even a full season were not in competition with other teams with in competition with the media, we want them to speak about us like they do other succesful franchises, forgetting that Execution, Preperation and Fundamentals is the real thing we should be getting outa this great run by this team, cause we havent had alot of Execution, Preperatin and Fundamentals in the other regime, sure you may say thats thinking small but thats were this team is and its why this team is 6-2 (well 6-3 now) there isnt a lot of talent on this team, but they are prepared and techincally sound (except for craft) thats why we can stay in games an get back into games.

I still think that Craft is a GLARING weakness for our secondary.

Oh no doubt we have a lot of work to do on Defense. Roman Harpers injury really set back what Payton was trying to do. Also, McKenzie just isn't earning his money in pass defense. Bullocks took some bad angles as well......

Our offense, as I saw someone post earlier is a championship calibre offense. We are one or two players on Defense away from having it together on Defense. I still would like to see a Stud MLB and an elite corner.....

our D-line is in pretty good shape though.....I really hate that we aren't seeing Ninko out there due to his injury......I think he's a guy that will produce next season if we have him around!

On one hand I think it's silly to say the loss today means the team is falling apart or that we should hit the panic button. I think this team will end up winning the division and possibly win a game or two in the playoffs.

That said, I cringe whenever I see people say things like "we're spoiled by the success." Buddy D., although often inarticulate, always demanded excellence from the Saints. 7-9, 9-7, 8-8, year after year was never good enough. And he was right. There is nothing wrong with demanding excellence from your favorite sports team. Heck, you can browse the front page of this forum and find some post that has a quote that Drew Brees said in the huddle that he was here to lead the Saints to the Super Bowl and anything less was despicable. If it's ok for a player to have that attitude, I don't see what's wrong with a fan having that attitude.

It's true that Sean Payton and this team have far exceeded my expectations this year. However, they've raised the bar. After such a promising start, sliding to 8-8 would certainly be a disappointment. I don't think that's going to happen and while there are things from today's game to be concerned about, I think they will work on correcting them and finish the season up strong.

just don't turn into falclown fan clones :D

W "we are going to the superbowl"
L "we are the worst team ever"

I agree. We laugh at how Falcons fans, just to use them as an example, panic real quick yet a lot of us do the same thing when we lose 1 game. I'm proud of this team. I didn't think we were a playoff caliber team before the season, but now we sit at 6-3 with a 1 game lead in the division. The reason we lost today was because of fumbles which are things that can be fixed. Now on the other hand we once again got burned with the other teams running game when they run to the outside and that seems to be because of the lack of speed at our linebacker positions and it'll be interesting to see if that is starting to catch up with us. But I'm just enjoying the ride. We have a team that no matter what the score is will fight until the end and that is something we haven't seen in a long time.

I agree. We laugh at how Falcons fans, just to use them as an example, panic real quick yet a lot of us do the same thing when we lose 1 game. I'm proud of this team. I didn't think we were a playoff caliber team before the season, but now we sit at 6-3 with a 1 game lead in the division. The reason we lost today was because of fumbles which are things that can be fixed. Now on the other hand we once again got burned with the other teams running game when they run to the outside and that seems to be because of the lack of speed at our linebacker positions and it'll be interesting to see if that is starting to catch up with us. But I'm just enjoying the ride. We have a team that no matter what the score is will fight until the end and that is something we haven't seen in a long time.

Yep! Even at the end of the game today right up until the Copper fumble I KNEW we were going to win. The only game I haven't felt that way was the Baltimore game. I even KNEW we were going to win after Colstons catch at the end of the Panthers game. I just KNEW we were gonna get that onside kick.

One thing's for sure.....there are ALOT of teams out there that don't want to play the Saints.....and I love that!

On one hand I think it's silly to say the loss today means the team is falling apart or that we should hit the panic button. I think this team will end up winning the division and possibly win a game or two in the playoffs.

That said, I cringe whenever I see people say things like "we're spoiled by the success." Buddy D., although often inarticulate, always demanded excellence from the Saints. 7-9, 9-7, 8-8, year after year was never good enough. And he was right. There is nothing wrong with demanding excellence from your favorite sports team. Heck, you can browse the front page of this forum and find some post that has a quote that Drew Brees said in the huddle that he was here to lead the Saints to the Super Bowl and anything less was despicable. If it's ok for a player to have that attitude, I don't see what's wrong with a fan having that attitude.

It's true that Sean Payton and this team have far exceeded my expectations this year. However, they've raised the bar. After such a promising start, sliding to 8-8 would certainly be a disappointment. I don't think that's going to happen and while there are things from today's game to be concerned about, I think they will work on correcting them and finish the season up strong.

Thank You. This is easily the post of the day.

I'm down right now, of course. But... we are still winning the division and by the end of the day, we will have either the 2nd or 3rd best record in the NFC. We're 6-3 with 7 games to go. We've had one really bad game - Ravens - we can hang with anyone. We fought back hard in today's game after some major adverisity. We turned the ball over 3 times today in critical situations, which led to 14 Steeler points and allowed them to run out the clock at the end - it's really hard to win under those circumstances. You can stop turnovers; our problems are correctable.

I'm looking forward to Sunday against the Bengals and I can't wait to see how this season turns out!

I'm down right now, of course. But... we are still winning the division and by the end of the day, we will have either the 2nd or 3rd best record in the NFC. We're 6-3 with 7 games to go. We've had one really bad game - Ravens - we can hang with anyone. We fought back hard in today's game after some major adverisity. We turned the ball over 3 times today in critical situations, which led to 14 Steeler points and allowed them to run out the clock at the end - it's really hard to win under those circumstances. You can stop turnovers; our problems are correctable.

I'm looking forward to Sunday against the Bengals and I can't wait to see how this season turns out!

Ocho Cinqo will probably eat us alive.......but as long as we win in the end the way San Diego did.....I'll be ok. Cincy was playing at home today and let a Charger team without it's best Defensive player beat them.......I just think with the infighting on thier team and our home field advantage we should be okay!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom