We are this close to 2-0.... (1 Viewer)

I believe no one said it better than Jim Mora...

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
And nuclear weapons.

But as for the OP.....it's two losses.

Looking forward to 2017, things look bright. Our young talent is growing. They look great. They will form a strong core. We keep drafting well, and utilize our cap space wisely next season, and we are back to being and season to season contender. It will give Brees another shot or two at the title.

But for 2016, it's two losses. Doesn't matter if it were by 50 or by one. They are two losses. That means we have to go 10-4 the rest of the season to have a chance at a playoff birth. Not saying nope. But.....well....just look at our past few seasons.

I like your optimism Dude! That is what a real Die hard saints fan is optimistic! keep it up don't let some buffoons get you down!

I like your optimism Dude! That is what a real Die hard saints fan is optimistic! keep it up don't let some buffoons get you down!

And when we have 5 or 6 wins in weeks 15 you will be drawing up impossible scenarios where we can make the playoffs because we arent exactly mathematically eliminated. I have seen this show before plenty of times. I can tell you how it ends but I wont spoil it for you.

Robertsons call was so uncatchable it wasn't even funny.
In fact, Carr had zero intentions of it being complete, he was
strictly hoping for the bail out.

I keep seeing mention of this play, but I guess people forget, the very same call put the Saints in the SB.

EDIT: And now that I see it again, that one was even more blatant a bad call than the Robertson call.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fFfqpbcHFDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cut to today, a late 3rd down stop is ruined by another WRONG call.
OBJ CLEARLY initiates contact, by swatting down on Moore, who wasn't even touching him. PI Moore, bailed out, drive continues.
Irrelevant. The D held the Giants O to 9 points in 60 minutes.

This sounds like sour grapes, but it is what it is.
it is what they are.

Fact of the matter is we are a competitive team that is talented and well coached enough to compete our secondary is weakened by the loss of Breaux, PJ, Swann and our DL is missing Rankins but there is no way you can't be excited about the potential of this defense as its been sound in coverage and Robertson has been a terror out there with his range and ability.

Those telling me to stop, or go away......too bad.

I'm not.

2014, 2015, etc have NO reference on 2016.

2007 and 2008 didn't shape 2009.

Teams change every year.

And my point is we are this close.

While a loss is a loss, there are definitely different types of losses.

You can play well enough to win if a kick goes a few feet to the right.

Or you can play well enough where 1 perfectly timed bad call causes the loss.

OR you can lose yardage, lose first down, lose in the trenches....and that's a different kind of loss.

We really are the good kind, where despite multiple crucial injuries we are just that close.

I don't think they ultimately care whether you truly "go away" or not.....I think they mostly want to see you (and others, so don't feel like the lone ranger here) to stop making yourself look ridiculous with this "should be 2-0" crap.

It was over when the Saints had to settle for a FG on their final offensive possession. If you truly thought the Saints were going to keep the Giants out of FG range after that...........and in fact, if you truly think the Saints out-played the Giants today, or that the Giants caught more breaks than the Saints.....then you must have watched a completely different game than I did. NYG did everything they could to hand this game to the Saints, and the Saints were too "football stupid" to capitalize.

And BTW, Eli was clearly down on that "fumble", and yet the call stood. So please don't whine about a bad call being the difference against the Saints today...

I don't think they ultimately care whether you truly "go away" or not.....I think they mostly want to see you (and others, so don't feel like the lone ranger here) to stop making yourself look ridiculous by saying this.

It was over when the Saints had to settle for a FG on their final offensive possession. If you truly thought the Saints were going to keep the Giants out of FG range after that...........and in fact, if you truly think the Saints out-played the Giants today, or that the Giants caught more breaks than the Saints.....then you must have watched a completely different game than I did. NYG did everything they could to hand this game to the Saints, and the Saints were too "football stupid" to capitalize.

And BTW, Eli was clearly down on that "fumble", and yet the call stood. So please don't whine about a bad call being the difference against the Saints today...

You nailed it on the head. This is what is most troubling about this team. Not that we may be outplayed or that we aren't winning close games but the overall theme seems to be this team is one that specializes in stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. To put it another way this years saints team is a choke artist.

They simply don't have the ability to win a game and seem to be finding countless ways to lose them. That's troubling. It tells us that the team has not become a cohesive well formed unit and that the offseason and camp hasn't instilled in them a winning mentality or mental toughness to win.

Simply put we aren't a team in a lot ways. We are a collection of parts. While some parts do well on some days, others fail. No one brings each other up.

Until proven otherwise we have this plague of losing and something will either have to click or we find another way to go....in the not too distant future.

I do think so far we've been competitive and as long as you're competitive you have a chance. The D has shown some improvement even with some young players in the secondary. I thought yesterday they found their groove during the game. We'll win some games and I look for that to start next week. Do I think we're just a couple plays away from 2-0? Not really.....there were a bunch of plays we missed on during that game yesterday. We have to figure out how to put it all together. O play like week 1 and D play like week 2.

2 INCORRECT calls by refs.

That's it.

Sure we could have done other things that we didn't, but the
fact remains we are 2 COMPLETELY WRONG calls from 2-0.

OBJ CLEARLY initiates contact, by swatting down on Moore, who wasn't even touching him. PI Moore, bailed out, drive continues.

They were the WRONG call, and we are 0-2 instead of 2-0.

You mean 2 missed FG's?

2 INCORRECT calls by refs.

That's it.

Sure we could have done other things that we didn't, but the
fact remains we are 2 COMPLETELY WRONG calls from 2-0.

They were the WRONG call, and we are 0-2 instead of 2-0.

In 2013, we started 2-0 by the thinnest of margins. A goal-line stand and end zone pick against the Failclowns and a last-second FG against the Bucs in a game delayed an hour due to lightning. Fast forward a year, and we had two equally close games against the Failclowns and the Browns. Only this time we lost those by the same thin line.

Even after all the evolution in the sport, it's still a game of inches -- or less. Agreed on the refs, too.

It's best to just root for individual stats for Drew because team success seems out of reach this year. We're not playing complementary football and the refs are too inconsistent when we come close to doing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom