We are what our record says we are (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's reality. A lot to be hopeful for but in the end, just too much weakness and we're sub-500.

A shame to keep wasting Brees's prime like this.

Well, there's one more window left open next year.

We should be able to infuse a lot of talent into the team this offseason as well. I should be more mad than I am, but I'm just kind of not.

We all knew the "ok, let's win 5 straight" plan was a pipe dream deep inside anyway. It was just a matter of what week the clock stopped.

It was an ugly performance all around. Brees had a terrible game, the O-line had issues, Ingram was banged up and the defense was just outmatched against an on fire Stafford. Plus, zero energy and emotion. The team felt lifeless and that shouldn't happen when the stakes are high.

I'd much rather have playoff talk dominate the front page of the board than the topics I know are coming:

"We should lose games on purpose to get a higher draft pick."
"Fire Sean Payton, but let's not even consider replacements."
"Brandin Cooks is a primadonna trade him."
"Is McMahon fired yet?"

It was an ugly performance all around. Brees had a terrible game, the O-line had issues, Ingram was banged up and the defense was just outmatched against an on fire Stafford. Plus, zero energy and emotion. The team felt lifeless and that shouldn't happen when the stakes are high.
Detroit is better than many think. Their defense played great. Golden Tate always screws the Saints with some weird, lucky play. Would have been nice to get the win, but it wasn't to be.

We need Terron to get health so we can keep Peat at LG. Then we need to spend some money on a FA guard. If we can solidify the interior and give Drew back his pocket and find a couple of impact players on D we could make a run. However, we cannot continue to plug in UDFA guys and hope to see any improvement. We need a Stud FA Guard and Stud DE to pair with Jordan.

I'd much rather have playoff talk dominate the front page of the board than the topics I know are coming:

"Is McMahon fired yet?"

Spot. On.

Add is "Drew Brees is old and done and has no arm strength."

We came out flat. Lions played their best game of the year. Defense could not stop a third and long. Multiple times. I blame discord in the locker room from Cooks comments. I know it's cliche, but it reminds me toooo much of when Graham was spouting off and mood got soured.

Spot. On.

Add is "Drew Brees is old and done and has no arm strength."

We came out flat. Lions played their best game of the year. Defense could not stop a third and long. Multiple times. I blame discord in the locker room from Cooks comments. I know it's cliche, but it reminds me toooo much of when Graham was spouting off and mood got soured.

It certainly wasn't an ideal time for any player to something like that. Really makes you shake your head as to what these guys think the goal is.

Well, there's one more window left open next year.

We should be able to infuse a lot of talent into the team this offseason as well. I should be more mad than I am, but I'm just kind of not.

We all knew the "ok, let's win 5 straight" plan was a pipe dream deep inside anyway. It was just a matter of what week the clock stopped.

I suppose you're right. And in many ways it's better to know now than to wait until the last game of the season only to lose in crushing fashion to Atlanta.

Have to speak the truth about this one, we deserved to lose.

We started out flat and never woke up. Detroit played better than we did, Stafford was the better QB and they deserved the win.

Have to speak the truth about this one, we deserved to lose.

We started out flat and never woke up. Detroit played better than we did, Stafford was the better QB and they deserved the win.
Detroit is on pace to be the number two seed in the playoffs. This was never the gimme game that some were thinking.

"Is McMahon fired yet?"

What's the alternative to firing Payton? You either search for another coach and hope for a better outcome or you remain with Payton and nothing changes. I'd rather take my chances with the unknown.

I suppose you're right. And in many ways it's better to know now than to wait until the last game of the season only to lose in crushing fashion to Atlanta.

True, but what does it say about this team and this head coach going forward to have this kind of performance at home?

I didn't expect us to come close to running the table, but this is one gigantic step back in what looked like a team possibly getting over the hump and getting prepared for a special 2017 campaign. That thought has definitely been put on hold.

One now has to wonder if Payton has any more winning seasons in him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom