We beat them by 20 points (1 Viewer)

Look, they get paid too. They should have beaten the Patriots, outplayed them throughout and our guys beat them with special teams and defense and then pounded them with the run with the game still within reach for them. They, like most, believed that you stop Drew and you stop the Saints. I think they found out they aren't just a finesse team.

20 point win on the road ..... 'nuff said....

Thank you. This was my favorite win thus far.

This will get the media off our backs for one. Second, it proves that we're a damn good football team that can beat you in more than one way.

I'll put it this way. We're not a finesse team anymore.

I just wanted to get across the point that it WAS a close game until we took the game over and whooped 'em by 20. That is all. We had almost 400 yards of total offense, but a score of 45-27 or 48-22 looks better to people than 27-7. Although it's the same margin of victory. A 20 point win in the NFL is GREAT no matter how you get, and we are averaging that each game!

If this is going to be one of our "bad" offensive performances this year, I couldn't be happier. Beating a team by 20 when Brees doesn't even throw a TD? That has to be scary for the rest of the league.

And we were very fortunate Edwards overthrew TO w/ 11:00 minutes left in the 4th Q w/ the score 10-7. If that throw was on, that was a definate TD & they would have been up by 4. That would of changed the complex of the game, especially w/ the crowd & momentum. I will take every break we get, totally not complaining.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom