We beat them by 20 points (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score
everything i have been reading about this game has been "tough win, saints offense wasn't flying today" and crap like that. we beat eagles by 26 and lions by 18. 20 points is pretty darn good. Just because our offense didn't score 40+ points that means our offense didn't do well. The only difference today from the other games is that the other team didn't score but 7. Yeah drew didn't throw 300+ yards but our Run game was immaculate. We played a great game and smoked those fools just like the 2 other teams we smoked

Well to be fair, we had both the Eagles and the Lions cleaned up early in the game. The Bills were in this game at 10-7 for most of the game. This 20 point victory was much harder fought that the 18 point margin against the Lions.

But, our average margin of victory is at 21.3 - and 2 of the 3 games were on the road. Thats impressive.

And only 6 other teams scored as many points as we did this week. Not bad for an offense that "never got on track".

i know but the "experts" are making it seem like it was down to the very end

It was an ugly game, hardly an offensive masterpiece. But everyone I've heard from is giving the Saints credit for winning a different type of game. We no longer have to have shootouts to win. Getting a "tough win" is a flattering thing to say about a football team.

everything i have been reading about this game has been "tough win, saints offense wasn't flying today" and crap like that. we beat eagles by 26 and lions by 18. 20 points is pretty darn good. Just because our offense didn't score 40+ points that means our offense didn't do well. The only difference today from the other games is that the other team didn't score but 7. Yeah drew didn't throw 300+ yards but our Run game was immaculate. We played a great game and smoked those fools just like the 2 other teams we smoked

This game was close until the end of the third quarter... Hats off to Buffalo's defense. The Saints then did what very good teams do:

They made a very close game look lopsided (by the final score) when they pulled away in the 4th... But that's what teams that have visions of a SB invitation do on the road.

This is a very special Saints team.

So... are you saying that we covered the spread? :hihi:

And only 6 other teams scored as many points as we did this week. Not bad for an offense that "never got on track".

That's a good point, though our final TD did come when we were running out the clock.

I think it was just a great performance by our defense and special teams. Some games we won't be able to light it up and it was great to see our defense step up.

Well, it pretty much was down to the end. It was 10-7 going into halftime, and remained that way for the entire 3rd Quarter, until 9:55 left in the 4th when PT broke his first TD run.

Now, while our D held Trent Edwards and the Bills' offense to pop-warner ball numbers, our offense failed to click for a good portion of the game as well. Brees seemed to be hurried much more than he has in previous games this season, but then again we were down to our third LT, and, iirc, Streif is actually a RT behind Stinch, who had to play for the injured Bushrod. The run game exploded in the second half when the Bills D was worn down and our O-line just got stronger, but early in the game when we were trying to throw more often, Drew had people around him more than he was used to.

Also, I seem to remember that the Bills fans were not unhappy with the loss of Jabari Greer in the offseason, citing the fact that they had some killer DBs in McKelvin, McGee and Whitner, which fact was shown today, as Brees had problems finding open receivers when he did have a time to throw. Remember there were a few plays when Drew had enough time to enjoy a cotton candy while trying to find a receiver, that meant the OL was doing a great job, but the DBs were blanketing the receivers.

All in all, it was a close game until the mid-4th quarter, as the Bills were always in striking distance, they just failed to execute when they had chances and our D didn't give them many.

Sure it wasn't a "sexy" win, but credit to Sean Payton for realizing it wasn't going to be one of those games by trusting our running game, defense, and special teams. This was a good win for our team.

I don't think last years' Saints win this game.. Game freakin' stressed me out, I was out of sorts all game long.

But man did that Defense pull through today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom