We can bury Carolina's season this weekend (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
There would be no coming back from 1-5.

1-4 will be difficult enough as it, though apparently 2 teams managed to get into the playoffs after 1-4 starts last year. My guess is that is far more often going to be the exception than the norm. Unfortunately this isn't shaping up to be a repeat of the 2014 NFC South......maybe Atlanta will falter, maybe they won't.....but that whole deal where a 7-8-1 team wins the division probably isn't happening this year.

Part of me has been thinking that the comeback vs. SD could be the catalyst that gets us on a roll of winning multiple games in a row. But if Carolina comes in and dominates, or even if we end up on the wrong end of a 34-31 shootout....then the SD comeback means nothing.

Carolina had a great shot at it last year....but now they're just in the way. The fact that we had them on the ropes twice last season, when they were at their best, should give the team confidence now that every call, every tipped pass, and every bounce is not going their way.

Just slam the door shut on them this Sunday, regardless of who starts at QB.

Heck, we almost beat them twice last year with the leagues worst D in history. Once without Brees and the other we just gave to them. Let's throw the hammer down this year and get on a run!!!!!!

Huge game this weekend. We really need to set the tone for what looks to be a tough schedule coming up these next handful of games.

We can really put a fork in Carolina with a win.

All the scenarios and speculations mean nothing until we get to see how the Saints come back from their BYE week. I want to believe that we can turn our season around with the help of our returning players who were sidelined with injuries.

But we must get it done no matter who is in there or what position they have to play. Too bad we are hitting one of the toughest stretches of our schedule in the next few weeks.

We have to take back our dome. Lost too many games of late in there.

We can start by tearing out the Panthers' hearts and crushing it in their faces before the lights leave their eyes.

we need the win badly regardless of what it does to carolina....that would just be a bonus. Hard for me to get too excited in general right now but a win this week would be some nice medicine to aid in my recovery. We have to get back to a point where the season feels salvageable. 1-4 won't feel that way.....2-3......feels much better.

A hungry Cam, a hungry Stewart, coming off a division loss...............well. I'm not feelin so good. On the other hand an unexpected win is the cure for what ails ya

our defense needs to get physical with the Panthers offense. Can't let them dictate the flow. make the other Cam get antsy in the pocket. And we need to run the ball again against them.

Speaking of which...

Panthers' Greg Olsen: 'Nobody feels sorry for us'

bvj2YrB.gif

I won't lie... I was half-way hoping that the Panther's would pull off a win last night... just so they wouldn't come here this week at 1-4 and insanely desperate for a win.

For the most part... The games with them are always close no matter what the records are at the time.

One of these teams' seasons' will be completely shot after this game... sadly it comes down to... which team is more desperate...

Coin flip anyone?

I won't lie... I was half-way hoping that the Panther's would pull off a win last night... just so they wouldn't come here this week at 1-4 and insanely desperate for a win.

For the most part... The games with them are always close no matter what the records are at the time.

One of these teams' seasons' will be completely shot after this game... sadly it comes down to... which team is more desperate...

Coin flip anyone?

Yea...I've seen Matt Moore beat the Saints, so nothing is guaranteed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom