We can bury Carolina's season this weekend (1 Viewer)

Or we can lose all three of our backup starting CBs to injury. Whatever comes first

I think the Saints will start off quickly, jump on their throats and never let up.

This is not the same Carolina team from last year. They are reeling.

I was hoping Carolina would win Monday night. Them winning would have given us a better chance in my opinion. The way it played out, they have a lot working in their favor: they are getting healthy (Cam, Stewart, & Oher are expected to return), teams going into a bye are 7-1 (CAR has a bye next week), we have won 2 home divisional game since 2014 (we have not beat Car at home since 2013), and it's difficult to imagine them losing 3 divisional games to start the year (they have won the division 3 years in a row). The facts and figures don't add up but...Any Given Sunday.

You gotta love must wins in October
Not sure of the tone intended in this post, or what the two red thumbs disagree with, but you're right.

While it's only week 6, the loser of this game is virtually eliminated from post season consideration.

I won't lie... I was half-way hoping that the Panther's would pull off a win last night... just so they wouldn't come here this week at 1-4 and insanely desperate for a win.

A hungry Cam, a hungry Stewart, coming off a division loss...............well. I'm not feelin so good. On the other hand an unexpected win is the cure for what ails ya

Admittedly, I briefly caught myself thinking along these same lines on Monday. But the more I thought about it.....the more I realized that I'm getting a little tired of feeling like the Saints need to "sneak up on" or hopefully catch a team when they "aren't desperate". That is a loser mindset......one that many of us have likely allowed to seap into our thought process after the last 2 seasons we've had.

Have the Saints not been "desperate" at various points of the last few seasons? Whether we were desperate or not for a win, there were many times that it still didn't happen. Remember just a little over 2 weeks ago....how "desperate" the Saints were? 0-2 record.....at home on MNF, 10 years since the Rebirth game....all that good stuff ? On top of that, the Falcons fell behind 7-0 to start the game.

Well, in spite of all that........the "emotion"....the "desperation"....the fact that Payton has mostly owned their existence.......as the night went on, it was obvious that we were ultimately just a minor speedbump in the road for Atlanta. Perhaps they didn't read the memo that the Saints were gonna be all hyped up, playing for their city, trying to salvage their season, etc., and that they were supposed to fall apart and be another one of our primetime night game victims. Or perhaps they didn't care. Just like we have no reason to care about how "desperate" Carolina will be this weekend. Someone in this thread posted where Greg Olsen said "nobody is feeling sorry for us"........so yeah, even he gets it.

Originally Posted by Pa.Saint View Post
A hungry Cam, a hungry Stewart, coming off a division loss...............well. I'm not feelin so good. On the other hand an unexpected win is the cure for what ails ya

Both aren't assured of playing this week.

some have inside info

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom