We control our own destiny (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We got cheated out of games by refs. Twice at least.

We have suffered ridiculous injuries the first half of the season.

We got hammered at home by our now-slumping division rival.

Yet, with 7 games left, we control our own destiny in the division race. We likely won't win out, but neither will Atlanta. And as long as we beat them at their place and lose the same number of games the rest of the way, the division is ours (assuming we don't lose more divisional games than they do).

This was the most heartbreaking loss I can remember since the 2011 Niners game. Yet it doesn't matter because of the Falcons and Panthers losses.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Do we? You really think these crazy, ref influenced endings to so many of our games are just going to stop?

Odds on us losing on a controversial call at least two more times this year? -150? -200?

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
problem is they'll probably need to win a minimum of 5 of those games just for a chance.

OP

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Do we? You really think these crazy, ref influenced endings to so many of our games are just going to stop?

Odds on us losing on a controversial call at least two more times this year? -150? -200?
Yes, we do.

The refs are bad. There is not an anti-Saints conspiracy, however. Goodell has not assembled a group of referees to come up with ways to steal games from us. I'm betting that, whatever game(s) we may lose the rest of the way will be the result of our play (and our opponent) and not any conspiracy.

With that said, let's just quit shooting ourselves in the foot, go on a 7-game winning streak starting Thursday and make it a non-issue.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, we do.

The refs are bad. There is not an anti-Saints conspiracy, however. Goodell has not assembled a group of referees to come up with ways to steal games from us. I'm betting that, whatever game(s) we may lose the rest of the way will be the result of our play (and our opponent) and not any conspiracy.

With that said, let's just quit shooting ourselves in the foot, go on a 7-game winning streak starting Thursday and make it a non-issue.
This. I hate it when the conspiracies pop up. It makes the fanbase look bad.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about conspiracy theories. If you think it's all just coincidence, great.

So what exactly makes you think such coincidences won't keep happening? If 3 of the first 9 games had questionable calls play heavily into the outcome, you seriously think the last 7 won't have any of that?

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To have a winning season, we'll have to blow everyone out. When the score is close, our destiny is in Goodell's hands.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Bad refs aren't a conspiracy. Thinking they're purposely against us is. But I'm not sure that's the case. I just think they're completely incompetent and ruining the game, all around. When the refs affect a game, or fail to get a game-changing call correct, something needs to be done. The NFL has failed in that regard multiple times over the past few years.

Igordão

All-Pro
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about conspiracy theories. If you think it's all just coincidence, great.

So what exactly makes you think such coincidences won't keep happening? If 3 of the first 9 games had questionable calls play heavily into the outcome, you seriously think the last 7 won't have any of that?
If you agree it's just coincidence why do you think what happened in the first 9 games will affect what happened in the last 7. Why can't the saints be in the other side of bad calls like the seahawks.

You are either talking about conspiracy theory or you can't make any prediction about what gonna happen in the next games.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
If you agree it's just coincidence why do you think what happened in the first 9 games will affect what happened in the last 7. Why can't the saints be in the other side of bad calls like the seahawks.

You are either talking about conspiracy theory or you can't make any prediction about what gonna happen in the next games.
You stick with that. Be sure to bump this thread at the end of the season and we'll see how it plays out.

TheRealist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lmao y'all are delusional. The Saints get so much help at home all the time it's ridiculous.

SKOL

OP

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

You keep saying it's not a conspiracy theory, then follow it by detailing your conspiracy theory that the refs are intentionally making us lose.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
You keep saying it's not a conspiracy theory, then follow it by detailing your conspiracy theory that the refs are intentionally making us lose.
No, I believe the league favors big markets (said in other threads, not this one).

But I didn't say you had to believe it. You can believe what you want. It still belabors logic to think that the last 7 games will be totally clean, even if you think it's all just coincidence and on the up and up. Good luck with that happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom