We could realistically be tied next week in the NFC South... (1 Viewer)

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
No doubt we have wasted opportunities in the first 2 games and SHOULD be 2-0, however that is irrelevant now. We have a very winnable prime time match up vs ATL Monday night. Historically, we do very well in prime time games and even better in those games vs ATL on MNF.

Panthers go up against a tough Vikings team that just beat GB, and the Bucs look like they could fall apart any given Sunday.

With a little luck and strong performance on our part, it's not unrealistic that we could be looking at a 1-2 four-way tie in the NFC south in a little over a week.

I want to believe.

I don't think we actually know that yet. These early games are the winnable ones. Once past San Diego it's a murder's row of very good teams.
We will not start the year 1-10. We know that. Saying otherwise is hyperbole meant to pull others into shared misery.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We will not start the year 1-10. We know that. Saying otherwise is hyperbole meant to pull others into shared misery.

Ehhhh.... maybe, but our schedule is rough, its not outside the realm of possibility. 1-6 is a real possibility. Hope we find a way to win some of those tough games, but in all honesty its not looking too positive.

Starting 4-6, 5-7 seems likely at this point.

Bucs, Falcons to close the year will be strictly for draft position... again.

Win, lose... lose, win.

Being about a .500 team does make games exiting as they almost always could go either way.

Starting 4-6, 5-7 seems likely at this point.

Bucs, Falcons to close the year will be strictly for draft position... again.

Win, lose... lose, win.

Being about a .500 team does make games exiting as they almost always could go either way.
I expect that this year. Next year we turn the corner. And I know that seems like hanging your head against the wall to most. But it isn't.

2014 should have been a year to compete for it all. We double downed on the core we had after a playoff berth in 2013. Instead we regressed and the culture of the team went south. So we blew it up in 2015 and here we are in year 2 of a complete rebuild. In addition we have had major injury issues this year. It will get better as the season goes on and we will have a 12-4 type season next year.

Seems like someone starts one of these threads every year. By week 10 we will be saying, "Ok if the Saints can win out, Carolina loses 5 of their last 6...."

At this point, I don't think we know much of anything. I think the team is talented enough to be in most games, but they're also capable of losing plenty.

I think we have a realistic shot at getting to 4-3. We've also seen enough struggles to say we could be 1-6 or 0-7 instead, if bounces don't go our way. The margin for error with this team isn't very big.

I don't think we actually know that yet. These early games are the winnable ones. Once past San Diego it's a murder's row of very good teams.

You could be right, but how often does it work out like it looks on paper when it comes to schedules?

I have to agree with this we don't know.

The article Duncan wrote this AM is spot on. We had two teams begging us to win the Raiders committing 14 penalties and the Giants putting it on the carpet 3 times.

What happens when we play a team that doesn't shoot it's self in the foot?

If Atlanta comes in and just plays mistake free football they could easily win.

I like to stay positive but the evidence over two games on this team is we are a very bad football team.

I have to agree with this we don't know.

The article Duncan wrote this AM is spot on. We had two teams begging us to win the Raiders committing 14 penalties and the Giants putting it on the carpet 3 times.

What happens when we play a team that doesn't shoot it's self in the foot?

If Atlanta comes in and just plays mistake free football they could easily win.

I like to stay positive but the evidence over two games on this team is we are a very bad football team.

I don't like that narrative.

By the logic, what happens if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot? Do we win 5 straight?

The fact is that teams don't just fumble to "shoot themselves in the foot." We forced those fumbles. The Raiders committed all those penalties because they couldn't cover our WRs and the crowd rattled them. We forced those teams to make the mistakes they did.

I don't like that narrative.

By the logic, what happens if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot? Do we win 5 straight?

The fact is that teams don't just fumble to "shoot themselves in the foot." We forced those fumbles. The Raiders committed all those penalties because they couldn't cover our WRs and the crowd rattled them. We forced those teams to make the mistakes they did.

I don''t like it one bit either but truth is truth you should win a game you win the turnover battle 3-0. You should win a game at home where your opponent piles up a football field of yellow flags.

I agree we forced them to make the mistakes but you should win when that happens. Again you get a team that plays a mistake free game I dread to see what the score is.

No doubt we have wasted opportunities in the first 2 games and SHOULD be 2-0, however that is irrelevant now. We have a very winnable prime time match up vs ATL Monday night. Historically, we do very well in prime time games and even better in those games vs ATL on MNF.

Panthers go up against a tough Vikings team that just beat GB, and the Bucs look like they could fall apart any given Sunday.

With a little luck and strong performance on our part, it's not unrealistic that we could be looking at a 1-2 four-way tie in the NFC south in a little over a week.

I want to believe.

I'm not throwing in the towel, but good teams find a way to win at least one of two games that come down to the last drive...especially a game when lucky enough to get three fumbles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom