We Didn't Lose Any Ground This Week (1 Viewer)

jojo223

Earn It!!!
Reaction score
We are still in the driver's seat for a bye, cause the teams we needed to lose did. We just have to win out and we hold all tiebreakers right now.

If we play mistake free football, or close to mistake free football we can beat everyone left on the schedule. I'm not saying we will, just saying we can.

Jedi,

Love the optimism and we are still in first...I agree. But, we did lose ground. The dirty birds are now even with us (though we have the tie-breaker). It would have been better if we were 6-1 and they were 5-2. We need to stay much ahead of them because the pundits have rekindled their love affair with Vick.

To say that we haven't lost ground is akin to the scenario of being chased by a police dog.
Prior to this past Sunday's loss, the dog was just being let out of the squad car. At present, we're one stumble away from getting a toosh full of teeth.

I'd have to say we've lost some ground. :etonnement-29:

Now we need 5 more wins out of 9 remaining games. That will be very tough. We also need other teams to start pounding the FALCONS. (Ravens, Panthers etc). Then we need to take care of business and beat all remaining 3 games against our NFC competitors, first the Bucs!!!

While it could have been MUCH worse with wins by Minnesota, St. Louis, Seattle, and Carolina, we did lose ground against 3 teams:

Atlanta - now tied for 1st with them.

NY Giants - If the season ended today, they would be #2 in playoffs because of better NFC record.

Chicago - not much chance of them not being the #1 team without a multi-game losing streak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom