We didnt score 40 but........... (1 Viewer)

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Our margin of victory remains at 20 points / game or so. Thats all that matters.

We lost these type of games the last 2 years when our O couldnt get going. This game shows this teams maturity.

I said in the beginning of the week I felt like this was a game our D needed to be solid until our O could get things figured out, they did that.

If you liked this type of game, good, expect another one like it next week.

I predicted GW & the D to be worth a couple wins, on their own, this was one of them.

Good STs, great defense, timely first down passing, aggressive play calling on both sides the ball, great team effort.

I feel confident in saying we have a complete FB teams boys & girls.

Who Dat

Yes....this was a game we aren't used to see from our team......since the year 2000 pretty much.....run the ball, and win with the D......so when our passing game struggles a bit....we all freak out in here!!LOL!.....(pardon the exception)

But teams like the Panthers, Ravens win these games regularly.......its about time we start doing it too!

True, we didnt score 40, but.......they didnt score 1 (on our defense that is)

Gotta love it!

I love the fact that we score 27 points and that's an "off game" for the offense. It just shows how much potential this team has for this year. Today wasn't pretty, but this isn't a game that last year's Saints win. But it's great to see different parts of team lifting each other up. Brees has an off day, the running game and the defense come in and win the game. It wasn't the prettiest game to watch, but I LOVED what I saw from the team today.

True, we didnt score 40, but.......they didnt score 1 (on our defense that is)

Gotta love it!
No, we didn't score 40 on a decent bills D, but we shut out a really good offensive. This was the best defensive production I've seen in years.

Kudos to the coverage units, minus the fake. Roscoe Parrish averaged 1 yard a punt return. With the D playing solid, we were able to play the field position game, thus not causing Drew to feel like he had to force passes causing turnovers.

Great downfield coverage. We got lucky that Evans overthrew TO in the 3rd Q w/ 11:00 mintes left, he was wide open on that bomb and Sharper was late getting over.

In the 2nd half, Sharper jumped passes to Josh Reed on 3rd downs. Once we shut down their slot WR on 3rd downs, they couldnt get a first.

If it's true that SP challenged the 3 1st rders on the DL, then he needs to do that every game, they played their tails off.

This game told me more than the first 2, dont care how the media plays it, 1 way or the other. Im ready for next week. Will be harder than this week, except we are at home. We need to get to Sanchez sameway we got to Evans today.

I watched TEN & NYJ today & came away very impressed w/ the NYJ D. Granted they were at home, but they were fast & looked like BAL D from the last couple years.

but we should have. I'm still ****** we didn't.

We won & we will score 40 again a few times this year. We score 27 in a defensive type of game. We score 27 when our O is being challenged. Some teams wish they could score 27 when there O is clicking.

Skip Bayless is gonna pump up the Saints tomorrow just because we shutdown TO. LOL

Tackling was much better in the 2nd half too.

Biggest drive was the 2nd half possession when we started at the 3, the punt that Reggie almost touched. Even though we didnt score, we held the ball for like 7 minutes, converted a 4th down play, and totally changed field position. Thats when PT started coming on at our next drive, since D didnt get much of a break once we had that 3 & out. And the big play was when we got the big punt coverage from Leigh Torrence, flipped field position like 90 yards almost. We started on our 3, then BUF started on their 3. Huge moment in the game.

We won & we will score 40 again a few times this year. We score 27 in a defensive type of game. We score 27 when our O is being challenged. Some teams wish they could score 27 when there O is clicking.

Skip Bayless is gonna pump up the Saints tomorrow just because we shutdown TO. LOL

I had no doubt we would win, and I feel the field had more to do with us not running up the score than the Bills' D. That and I think Drew's shoulder injury was affecting him more than people thought it would.

Our margin of victory remains at 20 points / game or so. Thats all that matters.

We lost these type of games the last 2 years when our O couldnt get going. This game shows this teams maturity.

I said in the beginning of the week I felt like this was a game our D needed to be solid until our O could get things figured out, they did that.

If you liked this type of game, good, expect another one like it next week.

I predicted GW & the D to be worth a couple wins, on their own, this was one of them.

Good STs, great defense, timely first down passing, aggressive play calling on both sides the ball, great team effort.

I feel confident in saying we have a complete FB teams boys & girls.

Who Dat
This ^ :plus-un2:

I had no doubt we would win, and I feel the field had more to do with us not running up the score than the Bills' D. That and I think Drew's shoulder injury was affecting him more than people thought it would.

I dont want to specualte on Drews shoulder. When he ran for that 1st and slid, I was looking to see if he favored it and he didnt, that was a good sign. The Bills CBs did a great job, but we got the timely 3rd down long pass conversions when needed, that was something the Bills didnt have.

Definate shout out to the D and GW.

STs were solid.

Greer shut down TO and made the big play on the ball WS intercepted.

Real excited for next week. Is it Sunday yet? That bye weeks gonna kill me.

I'm giving a helluva lotta props to Buffalo's D. They did exactly what they wanted to do, between the end of the first drive and the beginning of the 4th quarter. Drew had a couplea looks on his face I haven't seen for some time during a few of those possessions. Not quite flustered, but definitely not pleased.

I'm not worried though. Just means everyone will re-double their efforts for the Jets!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom