we don't run well on purpose? (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We always complain about the fact that we either don't run the ball enough or not effective enough and I started thinking, its always been either or, teams that ran well didn't throw for a lot and teams that threw well didn't run for a lot, you do what works for you and what's your strengh, the saints strengh is passing so having a runningback or running as a team for 150+ yrds won't happen with us, but passing for 500yrds is, we would all like duece and reggie to have 100yrd games hell 100yrd games in the same game would be nice, but are strengh is passing so establishing the run isn't a big concern for us, productive running is our biggest concern. When reggie finally takes over the running game things aren't gonna change, passing will be our strengh and consistent running (running avg 4.0 to 4.5) will be what we will want to get out of our running game.......this is just something I thought about, cause it seemed like coach payton didn't care or didn't know how important running the football is.........opinions?

We always complain about the fact that we either don't run the ball enough or not effective enough and I started thinking, its always been either or, teams that ran well didn't throw for a lot and teams that threw well didn't run for a lot, you do what works for you and what's your strengh, the saints strengh is passing so having a runningback or running as a team for 150+ yrds won't happen with us, but passing for 500yrds is, we would all like duece and reggie to have 100yrd games hell 100yrd games in the same game would be nice, but are strengh is passing so establishing the run isn't a big concern for us, productive running is our biggest concern. When reggie finally takes over the running game things aren't gonna change, passing will be our strengh and consistent running (running avg 4.0 to 4.5) will be what we will want to get out of our running game.......this is just something I thought about, cause it seemed like coach payton didn't care or didn't know how important running the football is.........opinions?

Deuce has been playing hurt....so has reggie.......the patchwork o line is better at pass blocking than it is run blocking............The team is earmarking the final 6 games of the season (one down and five to go) as the point where the real emphasis should be. All conference or division games. I think that you will see the team run more. kinda like last sunday. We're 6-1 in conference, and our RB's are healthier than they have been in weeks.

I wouldn't count so much on a big takeoverr by reggie. I think that as long as Payton is in New Orelans, the running back position will be a two + man job.

Payton understands that the run is important. Right now, he's probably doing what he can to make opponents respect the run, without putting too much on Deuce.

We have a surprisingly adaptable team that I for one don't believe that we've seen everything that this team is capable of. Sometimes that's frustrating but I kind of get the feeling that it will stay pretty much what we've seen through the next 5 games with possible minor adjustments. However, once we get into the playoffs, I have a feeling that we and the rest of the league will begin to see things that this team is capable of but that they have not shown the entire season, and that is what will propel us deep into the post season and beyond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom