We don't want to be just another one of THOSE teams (1 Viewer)

Geaxsaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
We all know THOSE teams who seem to always be rebuilding and recycling through a new head coach each year. Many people are calling for Sean Payton to be gone. I think he is the one coach who we absolutely need to stay. He is a coach who has the experience, he has the backbone, and we all know he has the skills necessary to lead the rebuilding process.

Now, unlike most people on here, I'm not ready to give up on this season, especially not on this era. But, if we do not see anything left out of our veterans (Brees, Evans, Browner, Byrd), and our younger, cheaper players are contributing, then maybe it is time.

We will need to start unloading the players that taking chunks out of our cap and start building through the draft. After this year, it seems possible that our FO is capable of a smart and successful draft. We seem to have hit on two strong building points in our defense with Kikaha and Anthony, and Peat will be a beast once he develops. That brings me to our o-line that actually has some upside. Armstead is likely the most underrated lineman in the league. Peat still needs the rest of the season to develop but will be very solid. Unger is only 29, and we know he can be one of the best centers in the league. But that still leaves almost half of the o-line that I hate to say...Sucks.

In order to successfully rebuild a team, you need to build from the inside out. In the next draft we need to focus on completing our o-line, and overhauling our D-line(besides Jordan who I believe still has a lot left and is still very young). As much as I loved being the high powered, offensive juggernauts that we were with Drew, being great on defensive will win you championships.

The point that I'm getting at is WHEN we get to the rebuilding mode (not saying that we are there yet), it can be exciting as long you have the right coaches and FO in place, and you rebuild the right way. We don't want to be the Redskins or the Raider, who can't seem to pass up the flashy players in the draft. As much as I hate them, we need to be more like the cowgirls, he have dedicated the last 4 or 5 drafts building the most dominant O-line in the league.

And last but not least, we will come out of this whole thing OK, WHO DAT!!

If SP refuses to fire the assistant coaches that are visibly terrible, then I'm sorry Payton does have to go. I agree that SP is an excellent coach but a coach who can't swallow his pride, will not be dominant every year. Do Your Job applies to the coaches as well. These coaches are visibly under achieving every year yet we fire WR coach and TE coaches? How are those positions doing this year? Not nothing. Vitt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom