We Got a Great Seed (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Getting the sixth seed was huge to me. First, we play the Blazers. Now the Blazers are not pushovers in any sense of the word but I would rather play them than the Jazz. Then if we win, we play the winner of Warriors and Spurs. If the Spurs upset the Warriors without Curry, I think we have a very good chance of beating the Spurs and making it to the western conference finals. However, there are a lot of "ifs" in there.

Now I know I am getting ahead of myself, but our seeding is perfect and we can really make something out of this.

I'm with you. I hope the Spurs pull the upset and we get past Lillard. I can see us having a better chance against the Spurs than the Warriors. But we honestly have to find a way to neutralize Dam in order to have a chance. He and CJ make a superb backcourt and they've caused us fits this year. I am very happy to have Hill back in time though. He is a solid defender that will allow Jrue and Rondo to focus on defending the 1 and 2.

I'm with you. I hope the Spurs pull the upset and we get past Lillard. I can see us having a better chance against the Spurs than the Warriors. But we honestly have to find a way to neutralize Dam in order to have a chance. He and CJ make a superb backcourt and they've caused us fits this year. I am very happy to have Hill back in time though. He is a solid defender that will allow Jrue and Rondo to focus on defending the 1 and 2.

Last time we played them, Lillard went off and CJ had a horrible game. If that continues to happen, or vice versa, we will win. As long as we don't allow both of them to have huge games, I like our odds a lot.

Perfect seed. Pels just need to have good D on Portlands backcourt and they proceed to the second round.
Spurs are going to get run out of the building by Golden State imo.

We split the year 2/2 and we are scary good right now. Portland is walking into a buzz saw with 4 blades.

I said it on the other thread, but I did not want Utah. I am not going to say we beat Houston or Golden State, but Utah is the toughest match up for us because Rudy Gobert does a great job of shutting down AD.

I don't love getting Golden State in the second if we move on, but maybe Pop can get the Spurs to take down a Curry-less Warriors team.

The big difference in the last 5 games has been Mirotic. He has really found his place with the Pels now, and they are a different team when he is scoring 20 points a night, as he has been.

The Pels can take the Blazers, though it will be be a tough matchup, as long as Mirotic keeps it up. The way they have been playing, they will give hell to whoever they are up against.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom