We got beat by trick plays and rookie mistakes. I'm ready for a rematch!! (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We still got a lot of coaching up to do. Yet, I don't understand why San Fran burn so many trick plays in a big regular season game.

For the most part, we played our game and offensively dominated outside of shooting ourselves in the foot with suspect playcalling and biggest mismatch getting taken out after a 2 TD game.

We play again... Superdome, SF, Whole Foods parking lot. It doesn't matter where... We will win.

Kyle is a great playcaller. I imagine he'll have even more up his sleeve in a rematch.

Just like we knew McVay had it up his sleeve last January and we still fell for their trick punt.

Rematch either way will be fun though. And we definitely could beat them a second try. They also can beat us again. It's two evenly matched heavyweights, I just pray luck is on our side this time.

We beat them head to head. They had no answer for our offense. They couldn't generate pressure and Brees was too fast for them. The only thing they beat us head to head with was the edge runs. We've got to do better there. Otherwise, they used every trick in the playbook to come at us. Brilliantly called game by Shanahan. One thing that tells me though is they aren't confident in playing us straight up. We are more talented and balanced than they are. Every time they challenged the run game up the middle, it went nowhere. Straight drop passes were covered. We just made too many mistakes and mental errors on defense. We looked like 2015 out there yesterday in the secondary. It was 2017 breakdowns. Same old Saints defense. Really did not expect that.

Kyle is a great playcaller. I imagine he'll have even more up his sleeve in a rematch.

Just like we knew McVay had it up his sleeve last January and we still fell for their trick punt.

Rematch either way will be fun though. And we definitely could beat them a second try. They also can beat us again. It's two evenly matched heavyweights, I just pray luck is on our side this time.

So let down that we fell for that punt. Knowing who their punter is and their coaches affinity for calling fakes.

We still got a lot of coaching up to do. Yet, I don't understand why San Fran burn so many trick plays in a big regular season game.

For the most part, we played our game and offensively dominated outside of shooting ourselves in the foot with suspect playcalling and biggest mismatch getting taken out after a 2 TD game.

We play again... Superdome, SF, Whole Foods parking lot. It doesn't matter where... We will win.

I agree but I'm still not too sold that a rematch will happen. There is still a lot of seeding implication games to play. The tricky thing for the playoffs as far as both the Niners and the Seahawks are concerned is that they are both top 3 teams in the NFC (the Saints being the other IMO) - yet one of those two will probably be a 5th seed and possible set up a physical, intense, NFC West rivals rematch in the Divisional Playoffs. Anything could happen in those kind of games.

Where if the Saints end up #2 or #3 seed, they could very well end up playing a Packers team in the Dome if a #2 seed, OR as #3 seed (provided they win the Wildcard game in the Dome against the #6 seed) play the Packers team in Lambeau - both of those games very winnable IMO. In such a scenario, I think it could be a 50/50 chance the Saints play the NFCCG in the Dome against the #5 seed provided they survive the Divisional game.

Misdirection or a double swing pass is not a trick play. There's a reason why they are so good at running the ball. We got out-coached. You guys need to stop making excuses.

I agree but I'm still not too sold that a rematch will happen. There is still a lot of seeding implication games to play. The tricky thing for the playoffs as far as both the Niners and the Seahawks are concerned is that they are both top 3 teams in the NFC (the Saints being the other IMO) - yet one of those two will probably be a 5th seed and possible set up a physical, intense, NFC West rivals rematch in the Divisional Playoffs. Anything could happen in those kind of games.

Where if the Saints end up #2 or #3 seed, they could very well end up playing a Packers team in the Dome if a #2 seed, OR as #3 seed (provided they win the Wildcard game in the Dome against the #6 seed) play the Packers team in Lambeau - both of those games very winnable IMO. In such a scenario, I think it could be a 50/50 chance the Saints play the NFCCG in the Dome against the #5 seed provided they survive the Divisional game.
Well... QB in their first playoff game tend to perform really bad, too.

Problems run much deeper than that my friend.
Exactly. First off if Cook wouldn't have been knocked out the game the Saints were not gonna lose. I swear that would of been his best game if the season. He would have ate reguarly. The secondary seems to do good but then regress later. With the weapons 49ers have you gotta be able to scheme right. Plus CSP trying to pitch to AK all game was stupid as all out doors. Why keep going to what clearly aint working. A I love AK as much as the next fan but, hey trying to win a game here. AK can eat later. Lastly knowing how this defense plays in the last 2 minutes I clearly would have elected for TQS to have given him self up instead of the TD. Run the clock down then score. If that didn't work I would have felt better losing that way instead of Kittles beasting and a FG to win the game.

Exactly. First off if Cook wouldn't have been knocked out the game the Saints were not gonna lose. I swear that would of been his best game if the season. He would have ate reguarly. The secondary seems to do good but then regress later. With the weapons 49ers have you gotta be able to scheme right. Plus CSP trying to pitch to AK all game was stupid as all out doors. Why keep going to what clearly aint working. A I love AK as much as the next fan but, hey trying to win a game here. AK can eat later. Lastly knowing how this defense plays in the last 2 minutes I clearly would have elected for TQS to have given him self up instead of the TD. Run the clock down then score. If that didn't work I would have felt better losing that way instead of Kittles beasting and a FG to win the game.

I would have rather taken our chances and lost that way too.

@BiloxiSaint1

Mahomes is the first Qb to win their 1st playoff game since Russell Wilson 2013/ Tebow 2012 lol.

Both where Wildcard matchups tho... vs. Mahomes was a Divisonal matchup... Which you have to go back to Rex Grossmen 2006 if I'm correct.

Well... QB in their first playoff game tend to perform really bad, too.

@BiloxiSaint1

Mahomes is the first Qb to win their 1st playoff game since Russell Wilson 2013/ Tebow 2012 lol.

Both where Wildcard matchups tho... vs. Mahomes was a Divisonal matchup... Which you have to go back to Rex Grossmen 2006 if I'm correct.

That's good stuff. Plus, throw Kirk Cousins into the mix even though he's played in one playoff game IIRC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom