We got dissed at Best Buy over an iPhone (1 Viewer)

Its true. The less tech savy go from droid to iphone. Dont bash on the guy for knowing something you dont. Bash on him for not educating you why your decision is a waste of money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm, only two people have Droid phones on our infrastructure team.

That's fine if the tech savy usually stick with Droid (which isn't totally true), but there is a difference in a sales person asking "why are you making the switch" then "why on Earth would you do that?"

Droid has many more options, but because of that is also can come with more headaches. Some people just like the elegant simplicity of Apple.

The average user doesn't care about the differences between the two. They want a phone that works, has the major apps and is straightforward to use. They don't want a slow, buggy phone.

:plus-un2:

Hey there, I work for a Best Buy here in TX and normally I would go on a rant for expectations during holiday times but you as a customer probably wont relate and I understand that. However, one thing is for sure that in our Mobile Department, regardless of what time of the year it is, you should of not received the snooty treatment that you did. What I would recommend is talking with the best buy mobile manager about the situation. I can't say what they would or wouldn't do in this case because honestly it comes down to did the person feel like they treated you that way as well, and if anything was taken out of misconception.

My store has one of the highest custome service indexes in the country so please don't tie all of us to one experience at a store. Do we have a bad egg now and then, yes we do, but most of those bad eggs are from customes who tried to ge something for nothing and we don't do business that way, and please don't lie and say that you would c'mon now :p . (Jk)

Again sorry for your experience.
I did note in a later post in this thread that I realized it was the holiday season and everyone seemed busy.
And actually, when we did get the iphone at another best buy closer to home, it was incredibly busy.
However, it was notably unorganized and understaffed for the knowingly busy holiday season.
My frustration was at the first best buy store in the mall and it wasn't even close to busy. There may have been two other customers in the store.
There are people like that everywhere, I understand. Still not acceptable.

I am going to speak with the mobile management this weekend.
Thanks for your feedback.

I think Samsung and motorola have done a great (from a marketing perspective) job shifting what the young people feel is a "cool" phone. I agree the OP had terrible customer service, but I believe it goes back to the recent marketing. Let's face it, you don't see anyone over 25 working at Best Buy, so they are likely very susceptible to the Samsung ads where the "cool" andriod kid is hold a space in the iPhone line for his uncool parents. Motorola had the slick futuristic commercials, and apple hasn't really changes the theme of their ads in a few years.

It would appear, recent ads have shifted some of the apple fanbois to andriod.

I came from Blackberry and years ago the Apple kids would spam the Crackberry forums not unlike Failcon fans occaisionally do here. I then went to Andriod, and Andriod Central had the same type of Apple trolls. Some of the banter is really like a spots forum "my team is better than your team"..

Now the Andriod forums, see less and less of this, and in fact see a lot of former apple users excited over the switch to Andriod.

Just a casual observation...

love my iphone 4S, does everything i need and want, very simply and easy. have no reason to ever switch to an android, and every android owner i know has had problems with their phones.

Never heard anyone NOT complain about some bloatware or other software issues on a Droid, issues I've NEVER had on my iPhone. However, I do love me some Galaxy S3.

Bummer about the best buy. I love them and refuse to buy my major electronics elsewhere, they've been so good to me.

I have a Galaxy and I have no bloatware. If you buy a Motorola or HTC, then you deserve the bloatware. If you want a good Android, buy Samsung.

I really am enjoying my iPhone 5 as much as I did my 4. There are a few things that android platforms do better, however I find build quality and a total lack of issues favoring apple. To each their own though.

Best Buy is not long for this world. Brick and Mortar retail in general is dying but BB is definitely going to be dead soon.

I went to the Denton, TX store to check out the Microsoft Surface RT in person. It took way to long to find the demo model and I had one employee act rudely to me. I finally found an employee that was interested in doing his job (and doing it well) and he led me to the display.

Speaking of which, Microsoft really screwed the pooch on the Surface RT's distribution. BB has their demo stuffed into a corner in the wireless phone dept instead of around the other tablets. No one would know it was there unless they asked an employee to show them. I'm not blaming BB for this one because Microsoft had no initial plans to distribute the Surface through any outlets but their own. MS has no one to blame but themselves.

As for the Surface RT itself, it was actually a much better device than I thought it would be. Not iPad or Samsung Galaxy good but still much better than I had been led to believe from the reviewers. Maybe I'll consider one when they come out with an LTE version...

I have a Note 1 running a custom JellyBean rom. I love the big screen and Google Now, and I would never go back to a tiny Iphone. My wife however loves her 4s and I dont give her grief for it. To each his/her own.

My fiancé and I just bought two iPhone 5s. We bought them because we had iPhone 4S and liked them. There may be better phones, but we know we like iPhones. So why switch? It's a ******* phone. You're not using it for international espionage or something. We know how to use iPhones, how the warranty system works, where to find support for it, what features it has, what annoyances we'll have to live with and if we can. Phone snobbery is pathetic.

Also, in relation to the op, we bought the iPhones at best buy to take advantage of the $149.99 price. Fine experience with the salesman who was patient and positive. But it was also later at night and after Christmas (yesterday in fact) so they weren't busy.

I'll just sit here in the corner with my Lumia 920 and let you guys hash this out...

You can get the iPhone 5 at Wal-Mart for $127.00

I have never felt the need to criticize people over their choice of phones. But I do understand that there are people out there that make themselves feel better by doing so.

Currently, my personal phone is an iPhone. My old personal phone is an HTC One X. My work phone is a Droid. My personal tablet is a Nexus 7. I like both operating systems.

If you want snooty, go to an apple store. Those minimum wage morons will talk down to anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom