We got dissed at Best Buy over an iPhone (2 Viewers)

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I went in to inquire about trading in an EVO for an iPhone and salesman talked down to us and turned to his fellow salesmanship and said, who does that? Nobody leaves Droid and goes to iphone. His buddy tried to smooth it over, but it was too late. We left disappointed.

We ended up trading in for the iPhone, but at a different store.
Anyone else ever encounter this?

I thought the lady my GF talked to at C Spire kinda had a little attitude like that when she recommended an Android phone over an iPhone. Not because she was pushing Android. She just seemed to have a snarky attitude when my GF chose the iPhone instead.

Odd, most times I've encountered the opposite although I'd never get an iPhone.

They were right. They tried to help. Your doom is now inevitable.
It could have been worse.

I could have gotten another Droid and turned into a phone snob. :9:

I wonder if you complained enough about the practice and talk to a manager if they'd give you a discount or something. I mean, that's pretty low class to mock someone's decision.

I wonder if you complained enough about the practice and talk to a manager if they'd give you a discount or something. I mean, that's pretty low class to mock someone's decision.
I plan on it.

Also, even though we ended up buying at a different Best Buy, our experience there was not good either. The employees were not rude, but the service left a lot to be expected.

I didn't want to be a Scrooge and complain during the holiday season and I know they're busy, but its near the top of my priority list of things to do after the new year.

IPhone is crap. Got a Note 2. Im never going back.

IPhone is crap. Got a Note 2. Im never going back.
You work for Best Buy?

Why is it crap?
It seems to work well and my wife likes it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom