We got dissed at Best Buy over an iPhone (1 Viewer)

My wife and I went in to inquire about trading in an EVO for an iPhone and salesman talked down to us and turned to his fellow salesmanship and said, who does that? Nobody leaves Droid and goes to iphone. His buddy tried to smooth it over, but it was too late. We left disappointed.

We ended up trading in for the iPhone, but at a different store.
Anyone else ever encounter this?

Its true. The less tech savy go from droid to iphone. Dont bash on the guy for knowing something you dont. Bash on him for not educating you why your decision is a waste of money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You work for Best Buy?

Why is it crap?
It seems to work well and my wife likes it.

The sroid operatinf system leaves yoi ger developers who habe something to prove due to its open source coding for morw customization and many other many apps thay iphone locks you from due to apple terms and policies.

Its jnot as user friendly as the non techy iphone, but if you do your research.... the skys the limit for droid users.

The sroid operatinf system leaves yoi ger developers who habe something to prove due to its open source coding for morw customization and many other many apps thay iphone locks you from due to apple terms and policies.

Its jnot as user friendly as the non techy iphone, but if you do your research.... the skys the limit for droid users.

Are you having a stroke?

If I want to hack around on stuff I'll get a laptop (which I do, and I did). I want my phone to just work. And Apple is the king of stuff "just working" right out of the box.

Its true. The less tech savy go from droid to iphone. Dont bash on the guy for knowing something you dont. Bash on him for not educating you why your decision is a waste of money

Do all users need a phone designed for the more tech savy?

BTW, you can turn off that annoying Tapatalk and phone advertisement in your posts in your settings.

There are more android phones out there now, but stil more apple snobs. but both categories have snobs, its sad, really. I worked at a Verizon Retailer in IT and saw lots of this.

Bash on the guy? I think it's the other way around. Did you not read the original post?
BTW, what's up with the attitude?
Who are you to judge anyone?

There are more android phones out there now, but stil more apple snobs. but both categories have snobs, its sad, really. I worked at a Verizon Retailer in IT and saw lots of this.
It's a phone, for Christ's sake. Who cares who makes it and what operating system it is. The phone does what it's supposed to.
But I see your point and sadly enough, there are many people who react this way.
Seems like the new Ford vs. Chevy debate, which is cool.

But for some to behave like they're smarter or better than someone else is a whole different conversation.

Feel better?

I have also been attacked, even by my own brother, for using an iphone....It's like a serious case of smart phone insecurity or something. All he ever wants to tell me is about how his phone can do all these things that the iphone can't. I don't care, the iphone is easy and I already know it, for everything else, I have two laptops and a desktop...

That's fine if the tech savy usually stick with Droid (which isn't totally true), but there is a difference in a sales person asking "why are you making the switch" then "why on Earth would you do that?"

Droid has many more options, but because of that is also can come with more headaches. Some people just like the elegant simplicity of Apple.

The average user doesn't care about the differences between the two. They want a phone that works, has the major apps and is straightforward to use. They don't want a slow, buggy phone.

Biggest problem was that you went into Best Buy and after that anything would be better. Always hear and have had bad customer service, I will not purchase anything from them again. Just a note, Sam's Club and Walmart have a $60 discount on the Iphone 5 and 4S going on until Dec. 30.

About 90% of the time I walk into Best Buy I already know what I want. I just want them to get it for me. I don't want their advice, etc. If I wanted their advice, I'd have asked for it, not asked for a particular product.

Been that way for years though.

There's no profit in selling the iPhone devices. The money is in accessories and plans. Obviously they can make more money off of the Android devices.

Hey there, I work for a Best Buy here in TX and normally I would go on a rant for expectations during holiday times but you as a customer probably wont relate and I understand that. However, one thing is for sure that in our Mobile Department, regardless of what time of the year it is, you should of not received the snooty treatment that you did. What I would recommend is talking with the best buy mobile manager about the situation. I can't say what they would or wouldn't do in this case because honestly it comes down to did the person feel like they treated you that way as well, and if anything was taken out of misconception.

My store has one of the highest custome service indexes in the country so please don't tie all of us to one experience at a store. Do we have a bad egg now and then, yes we do, but most of those bad eggs are from customes who tried to ge something for nothing and we don't do business that way, and please don't lie and say that you would c'mon now :p . (Jk)

Again sorry for your experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom