We got rid of Horn just in time... Props to the FO!! (1 Viewer)

Just to clarify your post..... you think we should have kept Horn last year and that he is/was better than our #2 & #3 WRs????.... If that is true than you need to go back and look at some numbers..... and to call out Payton and his playcalling is a bit rough.. the tampa game was hard but NOBODY complained when he called the same play at Dallas the year before!! ITS ONLY A BAD CALL WHEN IT GOES WRONG...... Count me in as a Payton follower... I love his fire and aggressive style....

I think we could have definitely used a healthy Joe Horn last year.

But, that's the kicker. Joe wasn't often healthy (due to age) and certainly wasn't worth the price he was asking.

I heard that when Anderson gets inducted in the HOF, he said he'd go in as a Saint. Did I hear wrong?

you don't actually go into the HOF for a team.....it's an individual honor

at least i think so

While his skills had diminished, the Saints certainly missed Horn's leadership, and it showed in the first four games of the sesaon when the Saints went 0-4. Thankfully, Patten eventually picked up some of that slack.

I think Horn's leadership skills were being used for negative causes, and he'd become a prima donna in his last year here.

I'll never, eeeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrr (™ Y2J) forget what Joe did for this team. That said, it is truly sad to see what has become of him over the last 1 1/2 seasons -- he's gone from being an absolute freaking warrior to being a shell of what he once was. (And a whiny, "me first" one, at that.)

I like J. Horn and he did alot for our team. i wish him all the best always. he will be a Saint always. i wish he retired as a Saint.

I don't care what anyone says. Joe "Hollywood" Horn is one of the best Saints players. He may have said the wrong things and made a fool out of himself in Hotlanta, but come on, it's Joe Horn. He has always referred to himself in the third person, and we all loved it too.

Yea, RJ & Sam Mills are the only two that I remember leaving and not wiping their feet on the Saints name as they left. (Though who would have blaimed them if the had.)

Sad, I remember Morten and Bobby taking parting shots. Bobby seems to have gotten past it, but I don't think Mort has, or will. All he wanted was a mil per year. If there ever was a kicker worth it back then it was him. Very sad indeed.

Morty came back for that first playoff win. from what i hear he's over it.

#87 should be hanging in the rafters of the Dome and never be worn again.
:worthy:

I was just reading that the Saints do not retire numbers, but rather the equipment manager simply will not issue a number.
See #8.

Yeah, Horn was pretty cool and I still like him.
Pass me the cell phone please.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom